Posting: About Community Housing Network-HRC Supervisor
May 24, 2022
Community Housing Network (CHN) is a nonprofit organization committed to providing homes for people in need through proven strategies of homeless prevention, housing assistance, affordable housing development, community education, advocacy, and referrals. Since 2001, CHN has served as the leading housing resource nonprofit organization in southeast Michigan and serves thousands of families and individuals annually who are facing homelessness, people with disabilities, low-income households, and other vulnerable Michigan residents.
Community Housing Network is Opening Doors and Transforming Lives through a work environment dedicated to empowering a work/life balance success through our Core Values: Inclusion, Integrity, Innovation and Passion.
CHN is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness which includes:
- Creating a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace to provide better services for participants and staff.
- Utilizing a trauma informed approach to build rapport with vulnerable populations.
- Making available educational resources related to diversity, equity, and inclusion, all the while providing a platform for conversation.
Community Housing Network provides excellent employment opportunities with competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package. All full-time employees enjoy a rich package of benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Products: Aflac, Short Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance
- Generous Vacation and Medical Leave Time
Community Housing Network is an equal-opportunity employer recognized by the Detroit Free Press as a Top 100 Workplace and honored as a Crain’s Cool Place to Work.
Housing Resource Specialist
Department: Community Programs
Reports to: HRC Supervisor
Employment Status Classification: Full Time Hourly
Salary Range: $14/hourly
Job Description Summary:
Our Housing Resource Center (HRC) is a one-stop-shop to help people with their housing needs.
As a trained Housing Resource Specialist, you will conduct a screening, asking callers about their current housing situation. Their responses will guide you through the screening process to recommend options connecting the caller to the programs and resources that may be able to assist them in resolving their housing crisis. Such programs will include:
- community resources and programs that provide housing assistance
- affordable housing options
- information on subsidized housing and other long-term housing options
As a full time, position, you will be working schedule of 40 hours per week between the hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Conduct a screening via telephone or in person for individuals in housing crisis.
- Assess the caller’s needs to provide appropriate referrals and resources, related to eligibility.
- Assist potential program participants in completing applications for appropriate housing options.
- Enter details of the call into a secure database such as Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and/or Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Portal.
- Schedule follow up appointments as appropriate for eligible individuals.
- Represent the Housing Resource Center and Community Housing Network in the community.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successfully complete required trainings enabling you to enter independently in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) utilized to record data for screening and working with clients at Community Housing Network
- Computer skills with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook and the Internet
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and telephone communication skills
- Enjoy working in a team environment and developing professional relationships with other departments and community partners
- Demonstrate the Community Housing Network Core Values of Inclusion, Integrity, Innovation and Passion in all interactions
- Valid driver’s license required
- Personal automobile coverage limits minimum: Bodily Injury $100,00 each person, $300,000 each occurrence Property Damage $100,000 each occurrence.
The position has opportunity to represent Community Housing Network in out of office meetings and community events on occasion and would require the use of your personal automobile. Travel may be required to the corporate office, attending off-site meetings, trainings, or organizational events.
CHN reserves the right to require a motor vehicle record check with respect to any employee where driving is an essential function of the position.
This position requires the ability to work from home with equipment provided by Community Housing Network, and the ability to come into the Troy office on Corporate Drive as appropriate and necessary (keeping with COVID safety precautions and knowing that guidelines will change).
While performing the functions of this job, the position is both sedentary and at times requires the ability to be active including standing, bending, lifting, and/or arranging files and office products and supplies that may require to periodically stand on a short step stool to access files.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To Apply, Click Here: