Posting: About Community Housing Network-Supportive Services Assistant
May 24, 2022
Community Housing Network (CHN) is a nonprofit organization committed to providing homes for people in need through proven strategies of homeless prevention, housing assistance, affordable housing development, community education, advocacy, and referrals. Since 2001, CHN has served as the leading housing resource nonprofit organization in southeast Michigan and serves thousands of families and individuals annually who are facing homelessness, people with disabilities, low-income households, and other vulnerable Michigan residents.
Community Housing Network is Opening Doors and Transforming Lives through a work environment dedicated to empowering a work/life balance success through our Core Values: Inclusion, Integrity, Innovation and Passion.
CHN is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness which includes:
- Creating a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace to provide better services for participants and staff.
- Utilizing a trauma informed approach to build rapport with vulnerable populations.
- Making available educational resources related to diversity, equity, and inclusion, all the while providing a platform for conversation.
Community Housing Network provides excellent employment opportunities with competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package. All full-time employees enjoy a rich package of benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Products: Aflac, Short Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance
- Generous Vacation and Medical Leave Time
Community Housing Network is an equal-opportunity employer recognized by the Detroit Free Press as a Top 100 Workplace and honored as a Crain’s Cool Place to Work.
Supportive Services Assistant
Department: Housing Programs
Reports to: Supportive Services Supervisor
Employment Status Classification: Part Time (24 hours/week)
Salary Range: $20 / hour
Job Description Summary:
By aiding the work of the department’s Supportive Services Coordinators, the Supportive Services Assistant helps to ensure the provision of comprehensive, quality services to Community Housing Network’s Permanent Supportive Housing program participants in a timely fashion.
- Fulfill requests for supplies made by the Supportive Services Coordinators (SSCs) on behalf of program participants (PPs)
- Accompany Housing Programs (HP) team members to appointments with PPs that require two people for in-person Home Visits (HVs)
- Assist PPs with the completion of applications for Housing Choice Vouchers and/or Moving-Up Vouchers; attend the weekly voucher meeting to give and receive updates
- Assist with obtaining utility bills from PPs
- Help to ensure that all required Releases of Information (ROIs) are current; obtain updated ROIs from PPs, as needed
- For PPs in the process of Annual Recertification or moving, assist with tasks as defined by the Supportive Services Supervisor
- Complete monthly phone contacts for any PP not assigned to an SSC
- Document all participant case updates within 24 business hours
- Enter other required data into the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) on a timely basis
- Report updates to participant information in a timely manner
- Valid driver’s license required
- Personal automobile coverage limits minimum: Bodily Injury $100,00 each person, $300,000 each occurrence Property Damage $100,000 each occurrence
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid Driver’s License required for travels within the community
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with daily use of various forms of technology, both with hardware such as computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones; and with Microsoft applications to create/utilize documents and spreadsheets.
- Independent judgment and ability to simultaneously plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload
- Establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Must be punctual and on time
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks and seek supervisory assistance as appropriate
- Reliable and secure internet service at employee home location.
- Experience working with consumers of mental health services is desired
- Experience working with persons who are homeless is desired
- Experience with HMIS/Servicepoint is desired
- Must be willing and able to work independently in the community as well as in participant homes
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively
The position requires occasional travel throughout Macomb, Oakland, and out-Wayne Counties.
CHN reserves the right to require a motor vehicle record check with respect to any employee where driving is an essential function of the position.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job requires a hybrid work model. Some duties can be performed from a home office, others must be completed at CHN’s office in Troy and others require meeting with participants in their homes.
While performing the functions of this job, the position is both sedentary and at times requires the ability to be active including standing, walking in the outside elements, in and out of vehicle bending, lifting and/or arranging files and office products and supplies and may require employee to periodically stand on a short step stool to access files.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To Apply, Click Here: