Posting: About Community Housing Network-Supportive Services Coordinator
May 24, 2022
Community Housing Network (CHN) is a nonprofit organization committed to providing homes for people in need through proven strategies of homeless prevention, housing assistance, affordable housing development, community education, advocacy, and referrals. Since 2001, CHN has served as the leading housing resource nonprofit organization in southeast Michigan and serves thousands of families and individuals annually who are facing homelessness, people with disabilities, low-income households, and other vulnerable Michigan residents.
Community Housing Network is Opening Doors and Transforming Lives through a work environment dedicated to empowering a work/life balance success through our Core Values: Inclusion, Integrity, Innovation and Passion.
CHN is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness which includes:
- Creating a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace to provide better services for participants and staff.
- Utilizing a trauma informed approach to build rapport with vulnerable populations.
- Making available educational resources related to diversity, equity, and inclusion, all the while providing a platform for conversation.
Community Housing Network provides excellent employment opportunities with competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package. All full-time employees enjoy a rich package of benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Products: Aflac, Short Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance
- Generous Vacation and Medical Leave Time
Community Housing Network is an equal-opportunity employer recognized by the Detroit Free Press as a Top 100 Workplace and honored as a Crain’s Cool Place to Work.
Supportive Services Coordinator
Department: Housing Programs
Reports to: Housing Programs Manager
Employment Status Classification: Full Time; Salaried/Exempt
Salary Range: $40,000.00
Job Description Summary:
The Supportive Services Coordinator (SSC) is responsible for providing housing-related supportive services to participants in CHN’s Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-funded Permanent Supportive Housing Programs. The assigned SSC is the first point-of-contact for all of the active participants on their caseload. The SSC is responsible for supporting the participant’s progress toward the goals identified in their Housing Case Plan. The SSC is also responsible for responding to general and emergency issues that arise. In addition to assisting participants on a daily basis, the SSC must also regularly collaborate with team members and external partners.
- Provide timely and participant-directed support to caseload. Services include but are not limited to:
- Engage new participants within 1 week of the lease signing
- Complete Service Prioritization Decision Assistance Tool (SPDAT) assessments according to schedule
- Establish and review housing-related goals/Housing Case Plans with participants according to schedule
- Complete case management contacts according to schedule
- Note: during the COVID-19 pandemic, the service delivery model has been modified to limit or eliminate face-to-face contact with participants
- Proactively assist participants with goal identification and attainment
- Provide general and emergency support, as needed
- Work in coordination with program participants’ Mental Health Provider and other supports
- Address minor housing issues and repair needs with landlord/rental agency as necessary; inform management of issues, as needed
- Inform supervisor and/or Eviction Prevention Specialist of compliance issues/concerns in a timely manner; complete follow-up tasks, as requested
- Assist in the termination prevention process under the direction of the Eviction Prevention Specialist
- Assist with ensuring that appropriate Consent for Release of Information forms are obtained, as needed
- Document all participant case updates within 24 business hours
- Enter other required data into Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) on a timely basis
- Maintain participant electronic files and charts according to HP File/Chart Layout & Filing Workflow
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2 years’ experience working with consumers of mental health services, required; Bachelor’s Degree in human services preferred
- State of Michigan Social Worker License, preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Personal automobile coverage limits minimum: Bodily Injury $100,00 each person, $300,000 each occurrence Property Damage $100,000 each occurrence
- Experience working with persons who are homeless, preferred
- Experience with HMIS/Servicepoint, preferred
- Able to work independently in the community and in participant homes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 products, various software and computer systems
- Possess good interpersonal, written communication, and oral communication skills
CHN reserves the right to require a motor vehicle record check with respect to any employee where driving is an essential function of the position.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Primary functions of this job require travelling to property developments, meeting participants, off-site meetings.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To apply, click here: