Posting: Research Assistant- The Center for Social Work Research - Wayne State University
June 15, 2022
The Center for Social Work Research - Research Assistant works with a team to support various School of Social Work (SSW) faculty and staff, and external clients with a variety of research projects.
- Provide SSW faculty/staff and external clients research support on a variety of projects through use of SPSS, literature searches, data entry and coding, data analysis, visualization and reporting, online surveys, and transcription of narrative interviews
- Create and program surveys to be utilized for SSW assessments and Research Center purposes (Remark and Qualtrics)
- Administer surveys, conduct interviews and focus groups to SSW students and external clients
- Assist in data processing and analysis using Remark, SPSS, Qualtrics, and Excel
- Assist in the preparation of user-friendly reports and data visualizations for internal SSW administrators and external clients
- Assist with Research Center website content entry
- Experience working on social science research projects
- Experience with SPSS
- Experience with Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Completion of at least one Research, Research Methods and/or Research Statistics course required
- Comfortable with a variety of computer programs
- Ability to learn computer applications quickly
- Detail-oriented and organized, with excellent time-management skills
- Ability to work between remote and in-person settings
- Ability to work in collaboration with supervisors and coworkers
- Available to work during the summer and the school year
- Incoming or current WSU Social Work students are given preference
- Students with more than 1 year remaining in program are given preference
- Part-time hourly for 15-20 hours per week with no benefits.
- When in classes full-time, students are able to work a maximum of 20 hours.
- Students are eligible for additional hours in spring/summer semesters
- Shifts range from 4-8 hours per shift
- Currently offering hybrid schedules; some in-office work will be required (5447 Woodward Ave.)
- Hours can be worked Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm. Evening, weekend, and flex hours are negotiable
- Compensation: $16.00/hourly
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Kendra Wells (email@example.com), Manager of Research Support. Include your social work program, graduation date (if applicable), experience with SPSS, and availability in your cover letter.
Kendra Wells, firstname.lastname@example.org