Posting: Adult Group Clinician - Ele's Place
June 22, 2022
Ele's Place is seeking Adult Group Clinicians who will facilitate an Adult Peer Support Group at our evening Bereavement Program. An Adult Clinician at Ele’s Place is responsible for ensuring an emotionally and physically safe group environment which promotes trust and sharing among group participants. Group members are parents or guardians of children and/or teens attending our grief support group program.
Topics of Discussion May Include:
- Parenting children/teens who are grieving
- Exploring how grief is experienced or expressed by children based on their age and developmental stage
- Helping children find appropriate ways to express grief and cope with the death
- School difficulties; advocating for their children with teachers and educational systems
- Financial changes, difficulties and/or legal concerns
- Balancing the emotional and physical needs within the family
- Establishing new family roles, traditions and routines
- Navigating grief that has additional complicating factors - nature of the death, not being able to say good-bye, unfinished business with the person who died
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide structure, direction and support to the group process, including beginning each group with an opening circle, and closing with an appropriate closing ritual
- In debriefing, provide a brief overview of group themes and any relevant concerns
- Attend facilitator meetings and facilitator in-service meetings
- Maintain professional standards and boundaries; abide by Ele’s Place policies and procedures
Completion of Ele’s Place Facilitator training is required during June or July (dependent upon location). Program will commence in the Fall. The typical workweek is 3.5 hours, one (1) evening every week with required attendance at briefing and debriefing meetings each night assigned.
A minimum of LLMSW or LLPC state licensure (or equivalent state licensure with a master’s degree in a mental health related field) required. Experience working with grief and loss strongly preferred.
Position Requirements (Skills & Abilities):
- Strong social work or counseling skills to provide group support
- Adapt to flexible schedule as necessary
- Effective listening and strong communication skills
- Maintains expertise in knowledge of licensure standards
$18.36 - $24.48 per hour
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@elesplace.org for consideration.
More information can be found here: https://www.elesplace.org/about/job-opportunities
COVID-19 Considerations: Masks are required for all Ele's Place program participants, volunteers and staff. Distancing measures are in place for onsite programs as well as sanitizing and handwashing/hygiene practices.
Ele's Place is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.