Posting: Vice President - Child and Family Services - Spaulding for Children - Southfield, MI
August 17, 2022
Spaulding for Children is recognized as a leader in promoting policies and practices where differences are celebrated and leveraged to ensure our children, families and communities get the support they need to thrive.
Purpose of Position:
The Vice President of Child and Family Services directs and manages all aspects of Child and Family Services direct service programs - Foster Care, Adoption, Licensing Department, assigned projects, and related projects or grants within the Agency. Additionally the Vice President is responsible for collaborating with staff from Quality Assurance regarding direct services and community organizations and agencies.
The Vice President is also responsible for participating in the planning and delivery of assigned activities. This includes working closely with the executive management teams.
The Vice President will exercise discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of significance related to the overall management of the day to day operations of the Child and Family Services.
Reporting to the President/CEO the Vice President of Child and Family Services will be a key player in the organization, working collaboratively with the leadership team, evaluation team, advisory and sub-committees.
This role is a hybrid tele-work/in-person position
This leadership position will support Spaulding for Children and Child and Family Services in the following ways:
- Lead for all operations of Spaulding’s direct service programs
- Responsible for the overall development and management of budget for direct service programs
- Directly supervises directors/supervisors and project leaders as assigned
- Provides recommendations as to hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or other change of status of assigned employees
- Maintains program quality and standards on an on-going basis, in addition to oversight of any contractual obligations, program audits and any required corrective action plans
- Responsible to the President for setting and meeting program and revenue goals in areas of oversight
- Identifies and procures new funding sources to support service programs and special projects
- Assist in development and implementation of special projects and grants in collaboration with the other departments
- Ensures community partnership to help secure support, resources or donations that will benefit families in the direct service programs
- Assumes additional duties as assigned
Critical for the role will be knowledge and understanding of leadership and child welfare and experience:
- Advanced degree in social work or other human service degree, which is equivalent
- Proven track record in administration and program development of human services programs. At least 10 years administrative experience
- Experience in achieving change in service programs and ability to provide consultation and support in organizational change.
- Marketing and/or grant development skills, proven track record
- Practical knowledge of public and private child welfare systems
- Strong business & leadership capacities, credibility and entrepreneurial skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relations with contractors and funding bodies
- Strong administrative skills and empowering attitude and style in working with others
- Strong experience and knowledge of foster care, adoptions and mental health services
- Excellent interpersonal and group facilitation skills.
- Ability and experience in providing leadership in the community.
Spaulding offers a comprehensive benefit packet, including medical, dental, vision healthcare, a 403(B) plan, flexible schedules and a hybrid work environment, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, professional development, and paid time off to do volunteer work in the community.
Interested persons should forward a resume and cover letter to Jamie Bozarth HR Director by 09.02.2022.
Spaulding’s clients come from all walks of life and so do our team members.
Spaulding is an Equal Opportunity Employer