Posting: Visitation/Case Aide Specialist - Hands Across The Water, Ann Arbor MI
September 13, 2022
Visitation/Case Aide Specialist
This is a part-time, 15-25 hours per week position. Hours are mostly 2:30 pm -7:30 pm.
Provide case aide services for children in foster care and for their families. Visitation Specialist/Case Aide services involve transporting for, and supervision of parenting-time visitation at the agency or other designated community location, including correctional facilities. Observation and parenting coaching/intervention as needed with birth parents during parenting-time visits. Visitation Specialist/Case Aide is responsible for ensuring the safety of the child during supervised parenting-time visits, documenting visit progress as well as providing transportation to and from visit for the child(ren).
Additionally, case aides may provide assistance to the foster care team with approved administrative or supportive tasks such as scanning of documents, filing, pick-up and delivery of items to families, community providers or courts in support of case related activities or agency needs.
Salary: $16.67 per hour
The Visitation Specialist/Case Aide shall hold a minimum a high school diploma. Some college or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work or a related human services field is preferred. Appropriate candidate for this position must have the ability to handle stress well, have the ability to be an active listener, possess strong safety assessment skills, be flexible and able to handle change and be a team player yet able to work independently. Candidate should be able to multi-task and maintain follow-through on all assigned duties. Knowledge of car seat safety and proper installation desirable. Strong written and oral communication skills, professionalism, organizational skills, comfort, and experience working with children and families is necessary.
Candidate may not have been convicted of child abuse or neglect, a felony involving harm or threatened harm to an individual within the 10 years immediately preceding the date of hire or be listed on the central registry as a perpetrator of child abuse or child neglect. The Visitation Specialist/Case Aide shall possess a valid Driver’s License, reliable transportation, positive driving record and proof of automobile insurance. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Hands Across The Water does not discriminate against an employee or applicant for employment with respect to hire, tenure, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, or a matter directly or indirectly related to employment, because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political beliefs or mental or physical disability.
Complete a minimum of 16 hours of job-related training per year as specified in the Personnel Manual or as required by the State contract. Additionally, the Visitation Specialist/Case Aide will complete all agency mandated orientation and agency specific ongoing training as required.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Transport clients to agency scheduled activities as assigned.
- Transport children to and from appointments and visits as assigned.
- Coordinate supervised parenting-time visits with the foster care workers, foster parents, biological parents, or other relevant caretakers.
- Communicate with persons served, other agencies, co-workers, etc.
- Monitor/supervise visitation and document according to agency policy.
- Provide feedback, visit coaching to parents to improve parent-child interactions.
- Communicate concerns regarding visits to foster care worker and/or supervisor.
- Perform approved administrative or supportive tasks such as scanning of documents, filing, pick-up and delivery of items to families, community providers or courts in support of case related activities or agency needs.
- Assist with agency needs, including events or special initiatives as assigned.
- Provide services in a manner which empowers clients and follow professionally recognized standards of ethical practice.
- Participate in monthly meetings with supervisor.
- Attend agency staff and department team meetings.
- Participate in agency trainings as directed.
- Complete at least 16 hours of job-related training per year as specified in the Personnel Manual or as required by the State contract.
Donna Nafziger | she/her
Senior Human Resources Specialist
Hands Across The Water
781 Avis Drive, Suite 200
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
734-477-0135 x 230