Posting: Coordinator of Senior Program and Services - La Sed Detroit
September 28, 2022
Established Southwest Detroit bi-lingual/bi-cultural social service agency seeking Coordinator of Senior Program and Services. Our program focuses on helping seniors remain as independent as possible and in their homes for as long as possible. Quality of life for our clients is top priority. Our agency concentrates on helping seniors stay active and healthy, both mentally and physically. This candidate must be bi-lingual (Spanish/English), written and oral.
POSITION TITLE: Coordinator of Senior Services
General Statement of Duties:
- Will work under the direction of Director of Senior Services (LMSW) and with the agency Executive Director.
- Responsible for the management and day-to-day operation of agency Senior Program including planning, budgeting, program development, special projects and supervision of Senior support staff and volunteers.
- Assist in grant writing, proposals and compiling required reports for all senior program-funding sources.
- Represent agency at meetings with funding sources, agencies, schools, and government departments
- Conduct client assessments. Evaluate client risks and access their needs.
- Develop support systems to meet client needs by identifying and coordinating a variety of available services, both in-house and outside agency referral.
- Conduct site visits to clients' homes when necessary.
- Interact and collaborate with other agencies and other senior programs.
- Determine quality and effectiveness of services provided and if necessary, develop and implement new processes and procedures.
- Analyze situations and determine proper course of action by making decisions and utilizing independent judgment.
- Market the Senior Center throughout the community and Metro Detroit to continuously recruit new senior participants and establish relationships with other providers.
- Ensure compliance with all agency policies and procedures, state and federal law, including the Detroit Area Agency on Aging Standards, state and local licensing requirements.
- Supervise Senior Program staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MSW preferred, but would consider Bachelor’s degree in social work or comparable experience working in senior setting.
- MUST be Bilingual (Spanish/English); oral, reading, and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Must possess a valid Michigan Driver’s license.
- Must have reliable vehicle, and insurance and be able to occasionally drive agency van
- Principles and practices of social work as applied to senior populations.
- Must be familiar with the Social Work code of Ethics.
- Knowledge of a variety of counseling methods when performing client assessment.
- Knowledge of community resources for medical, psychological, educational, social service, and legal services.
- Knowledge of signs and symptoms of mental illness and diseases which cause memory loss; family dynamics, and human behavior related to the aging process.
- Cultural influences on behavior in a multicultural community.
- Knowledgeable of educational systems and services for seniors.
- Familiar with Senior serving programs and services for referrals.
- Prefer experience in program planning, development, budgeting and management.
- Prefer one or more years’ experience in management/supervision.
- Skilled facilitator and problem solver with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Mary Carmen Munoz
Applications can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org