Posting: Clinician - GBH - The Children's Center
November 28, 2022
Detroit, MI, US
FLSA Classification: Exempt
· Dedicated-We are devoted, dedicated and always willing to pitch in.
· Passionate-We are passionate about what we do
· Accountable-We do what we say.
· Can Do Attitude- We have a "Can Do" attitude.
· Respectful- We always treat co-workers, donors and children and families with respect,
courtesy and patience.
Do you enjoy working in a diverse and multipurpose environment? If you do then the General Behavioral Health (GBH) department is the place for you! Clinicians in GBH receive a wide array of interaction with the population served as well as their individual team dynamics. There is diversity of clients. With the various trainings offered, GBH better equips you to work with individuals from all different backgrounds and helps you improve your clinical skills.
GBH staff also enjoy the supportive environment that is found amongst team members and supervisors. Supervisors care and advocate for you. Not to mention, everyone cooperates and aims to work well together. Collaborating with multiple professionals including psychiatrist, psychologist, ancillary professionals all work as a team allowing you to learn more about other fields and therefore be able to provide better services. In GBH you will feel valued and see that your work is appreciated!
To qualify for this exciting opportunity, you will need:
- Master's degree in mental health related field such as; social work, psychology, or/and counseling.
- State of Michigan Full or Limited License (MSW, LLMSW, LPC or LLPC) - Full License preferred.
- CAFAS or PECFAS Certification a plus.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience engaging children and families within a framework of cultural competency.
- Knowledge of person-centered planning and the ability to assess, diagnose, develop treatment plans and provide crisis intervention.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, working evenings
- Prior community-based experience, substance use treatment experience or development plan for SUD preferred
- Interest in trauma focused treatment or training
- If position requires driving, you must be able to provide proof of having a current, valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance.
While you are taking care of our clients, we take care of you!
NHSC Loan Repayment Program
Opportunities for Performance Incentives
Strong Professional Development Programs:
- Professional development training
- Free licensing supervision
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Specialized clinical training in evidenced based/informed practices for children:
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Infant Mental Health
- Incredible Years
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Parent Management Training - Oregon Model
- Child Parent Psychotherapy
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment
Robust Health Care and Benefit Package including:
- Vision and Dental Plan sponsored 100% by The Children's Center
- Matching 3% 403(b) retirement plan after one year, fully vested after two years of employment
- 160 hours of paid time off your first year, 200 hours your 2nd year, up to 280 hours
- 10 paid holidays
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability sponsored 100% by The Children's Center
- Longevity Pay
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance
- Voluntary Benefits
- Critical Illness
- Voluntary Life, voluntary spouse and dependent life
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Shield (prepaid legal services)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.