Posting: Specialist - Supports Coordination - The Children's Center
November 28, 2022
We are looking for a Specialist - Supports Coordination
To qualify for this exciting opportunity, you will need:
Minimum of a bachelor's degree in psychology, social work, or counseling required.
License in the state of Michigan for the coordinating degree and maintain license throughout employment. Meet and maintain eligibility criteria to be credentialed per the MDCH Qualifications Guidelines. (i.e., LLBSW, LLMSW, LLPC).
Coordinate and monitor all services being provided to the child/family for appropriateness as well as continue to address any new child/family needs.
In collaboration with the family, work with other internal and external partners (i.e., schools, faith community, other human services organizations) to develop natural supports to eliminate barriers to services, enhance existing community services or develop new services based on the needs of The Children's Center families.
Participate and/or develop person/family centered plans, social histories, periodic reviews, and case consultations. Participate in Individualized Education Plans (IEP's) in the child's school.
A minimum of 1 year of experience with children or adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities including autism spectrum disorder (ASD) required.
If certified in a clinical model of practice, staff must maintain certification in and participate in all training and program requirements to assure model fidelity for any Evidence Based, Promising and/or Best Practice Models.
100% of active community-based clients to have a scheduled appointment monthly using the metric of unique clients seen.
Attend the required Agency and regulatory trainings and additional trainings based upon your position.
Ability to monitor services in the child's home, school and community environment required.
This job description is not meant to be all encompassing.
Must be able to provide clearance that there is no record and/or convictions as a perpetrator of child abuse and/or neglect in the State of Michigan Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry and other states of residency over the past 5 years.
If position requires driving, you must be able to provide proof of having a current, valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance.
As part of your role, you will be responsible for some of the following:
- Always collaborate and maintain professional standards while conducting agency business.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Develop Performance Goals and Expectations with immediate supervisor annually.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Robust Health Care and Benefit Package including:
- Vision and Dental Plan sponsored 100% by The Children's Center
- Matching 3% 403(b) retirement plan after one year, fully vested after two years of employment
- 160 hours of paid time off your first year, 200 hours your 2nd year, up to 280 hours
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability sponsored 100% by The Children's Center
- Longevity Pay
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance
- Voluntary Benefits
- Critical Illness
- Voluntary Life, voluntary spouse and dependent life
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Shield (prepaid legal services)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.