Posting: Life Skills Coach/Mentor - IKUS Life Enrichment Services and Indian Trails Camp
November 28, 2022
Life Skills Coach / Mentor (Ongoing Hiring)
Grand Rapids, MI, US
Salary Range:$15.0000 Hourly Onwards
** Flexible hours! Schedules that work for your life!
** No experience necessary - paid training provided!
IKUS Life Enrichment Services and Indian Trails Camp is looking many part-time Community Living Support Life Skills Coach / Mentors. We are a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing individuals with disabilities an enriched life experience through meaningful relationships, recreation, and advocacy.
Monitor, train, teach, mentor, and assist individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the areas of community life skills while maintaining positive community involvement, in a one-on-one setting. Participate in the planning, documentation, and evaluation of goals as stated in Person-Centered Planning process and that is consistent with Recipient Rights, HIPAA, and organizational guidelines. Model appropriate behavior to individuals served. Assist and advocate on individual’s behalf on becoming acclimated to the community as well as encourage building positive community relations.
Summary of essential job functions
- Relate, interact, and communicate positively with the individual and their family
- Support and assist the individuals in developing skills that will further their independence, increase their community involvement, and improve their quality of life
- Assist individual in working towards objectives that were agreed upon in the Person-Centered Planning meeting
- Follow CMHOC and Network 180 guidelines for individual supervision
- Follow all OT, PT, behavior, and dietary plans developed by agency professionals
- Actively participate and encourage individual participation in all activities
- Safely transport individuals in own vehicle to and from their home and community outings
- Document all relevant information on the EHR, data collection sheets, communication books, and Incident Reports in a timely and professional manner
- Assist individuals with any direct care needs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Valid Driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must demonstrate a passionate interest for helping people with disabilities
- Must be mature, reliable, and honest
- Must demonstrate strong communication and relationship building skills and be able to work well with little supervision
- Must have a flexible schedule
Job Type: Part Time / Hourly
Pay: Starting wages of $15.00 includes state premium (subject to change with state budgets).
Reports to: CLS Manager
For more information about our company, visit ikuslife.org. EOE