Posting: Therapist - Vista Maria
December 1, 2022
Vista Maria Position Description Title:
Therapist – Residential Programs
Program Manager or Designee
Summary of Duties:
In accordance with the Agency’s Mission Statement, Code of Ethics, policy and procedures, State of MI licensing, contracts, and COA standards, the Therapist – Residential Programs is responsible for providing therapeutic treatment services to all residents based on the client’s individual needs.
- Plans and organizes work to meet all job requirements according to Agency and COA standards, licensing, and funding requirements.
- Works cooperatively and in collaboration with Vista Maria staff and representatives of other agencies.
- Works with Vista Maria programs and community agencies to provide referrals, resources, and related services to clients.
- Communicates clear and timely information regarding the intake, referral, and follow-up processes and procedures related to assigned clients.
- Serves as liaison and client advocate with the courts, funding and referring/referral agencies, etc.
- Implements and monitors continuous quality improvement methods including performing as an agent to execute a positive and proactive change where appropriate.
- Regularly prepares for and participates in supervision/unit/team and all other agency meetings as required.
- Develops/revises strategies and diverse treatment plans for assigned clients according to their individual needs.
- Implements and monitors quality individual, group and family therapy according to the specific treatment plan.
- Completes all required paperwork, e.g., case records, reports/assessments, and service activities thoroughly and in a timely manner.
- Provides in-service training regarding the needs of residents, clinical and report writing for all unit staff.
- Transport clients to court and home assessments.
- Assist floor staff in Non-Violent Crisis Interventions when needed.
- Completes all other related tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Demonstrates personal integrity and professional demeanor in accordance with the ethics of the agency and profession.
- Stays informed of current practice developments within the profession, and uses educational and training opportunities to ensure continual professional competence.
Therapist- Residential R01/11 Qualifications Required:
- Masters degree in Social Work or related Human Services degree from an accredited school
- State of Michigan license as required by PA 61 of 2004.
- Ability to successfully pass medical and physical stamina examination in accordance with licensing and/or contract requirements.
- Working Knowledge of diagnostic criteria and coding.
- Working knowledge of psychotropic medications and crisis interventions.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively in a culturally diverse environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer knowledge.
- Demonstrated effective people and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid MI drivers license without relevant restrictions.
- Practical/internship or experience in a clinical and/or mental health setting.
- Advanced knowledge of treatment concepts and skill in their implementation for EMI, LD, ADHD, EI, and Conduct Disorder in adolescents.
- Ability to actively participate in the physical management of a resident when needed per Non-Violent Crisis Intervention techniques.
- Ability to provide backup support when needed.
Therapist - Substance Abuse Program:
- CAADC (Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor), CADC (Certified Alcohol and drug Counselor) or CADC-M credentials.
- Verification of FAODP (Fundamentals and Other Drug Principles)
- Ability to facilitate multi-family groups Knowledge of 12-step recovery process
- Post-degree experience in working with dual-diagnosed clients (i.e., mental health/substance abuse)
- Experience in juvenile justice with adolescent females
Maksim Konoplyanko (he/him)
Human Resources Recruiter
Office: (313) 271-3050, ext. 268
Fax: (313) 441-1685
Cell: (313) 479-7121
Vista Maria • 20651 W. Warren Ave. • Dearborn Heights, MI 48127