Posting: The Y of Metro Detroit
March 3, 2023
Undergraduate and graduate social work students would be ideal candidates for this position. This is a behavior intervention specialist role. Individuals in this role will work with youth ages 3-15 in a day camp setting and assist camp counselors in:
- Positive behavior management strategies
- Facilitating SEL Out of School Curriculum to large and small groups
- Providing families with local resources and referrals based on camper needs
- Creating camper success plans with accommodations to support campers having a fun and safe summer
- Working individually with campers in need of assistance with coping skills, self-regulation, conflict resolution, etc etc
- Typical day camp activities - field trips, swimming, games, songs, etc.
Candidates can apply to any of our 9 locations at this link.