Posting: Bilingual Case Manager - MCHS Family of Services - Redford, MI
March 7, 2023
The Case Manager for the Unaccompanied Children Program provides culturally competent assessment and case management services serving recently immigrated unaccompanied children and the individuals sponsoring them here in the United States. They are responsible for conducting home studies to assess for safety and suitability for placement and provide post release services that promote the successful community integration of the youth.
- Conduct visits and phone contacts with the dual purpose of assessing safety and appropriateness of the youth's placement with his/her sponsor and connecting the youth and family to services in the community to address risk factors.
- Perform ongoing case management with a focus on screening and making appropriate referrals to address the youth’s needs in the following domains: safety, placement stability, guardianship, education, health and medical, individual mental health and family stabilization, legal/immigration proceedings, substance abuse, gang prevention, independent living, juvenile/criminal justice, trafficking assistance (as applicable) and child enrichment activities.
- Submit comprehensive reports and documentation in compliance with BCC and ORR requirements and reporting deadlines, including but not limited to: case notes, federal and agency data collection, programmatic reporting, assessments, care plan documentation, transition/discharge planning and post-discharge follow-up.
- Provide crisis intervention services directly, as needed, or connect family to services to ensure youths safety and well-being in a crisis situation.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in the behavioral sciences, human services or social services fields.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (orally and written) required.
- Must be able and willing to travel to other cities by flying on commercial airlines, driving a rental car and/or using other transportation, and stay overnight in hotels.
MCHS offers a generous compensation package which includes medical and dental benefits which are 100% covered by the employer, generous PTO plan, supplemental benefits, 401k with match, professional development opportunities, and more!
MCHS is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics as established by law. This policy extends to all policies and procedures related to the recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.