For mental health services, consultation, crisis response, and outreach, visit Wayne State's Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS).
For student health care services to prevent and treat common physical illness, visit Wayne State's Campus Health Center.
The School of Social Work offers free supplemental support for all social work students seeking assistance with their writing. Writing coaches assist students at any stage of the writing process and cover various writing issues. Topics include but are not limited to:
- focus and adherence to assignment guidelines
- research assistance
- brainstorming and outlining
- paper organization
- APA Style and format
- grammar and mechanics
- resumes and cover letters
- developing overall writing skills
A typical one hour session may include discussions about following the APA style and citation guidelines, organization (from the setting up the entire essay to paragraph structure), brainstorming, working though grammatical issues, finding sources, and helping you through other stages of the writing process. PDF writing services flyer
Schedule an appointment:
School of Social Work Writing Coach Schedule
- Monday - 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday - 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday - 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday - 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Friday - 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Contact our Social Work Writing Coach:
The School of Social Work offers free supplemental support for all BSW and MSW students seeking assistance with research methods and statistics (SW 3810, 4810, 7820, and 7830). Topics include but are not limited to:
- interpreting empirical research articles
- research questions & hypotheses
- research design & sampling
- data collection methods, variables & measurement
- SPSS & data analyses (descriptive statistics, frequency distribution, t-Test, ANOVA, chi square, crosstabulation, correlation)
- writing the results of data analyses
- adhering to assignment guidelines
A typical session ranges from 30 minutes to one hour and may include content related to the topics mentioned above and various other components of the research process.
Contact our Social Work Research Tutor: