March 29, 2017: Deadline for Social Work Teaching Award Nominations
Each academic year, the School of Social Work recognizes one full-time and one part-time instructor for their outstanding contributions to undergraduate and/or graduate social work education. These awards are intended to recognize individual faculty for teaching that stimulates intellectual curiosity in students, inspires departmental colleagues, and makes students aware of significant relationships between the School and the world-at-large.
In order to be selected for this award, it is necessary for faculty to have a sustained record of excellence in undergraduate and/or graduate education, which may be demonstrated through the candidate’s accomplishments in one or more of the following areas:
- A strong commitment to students and to teaching and learning
- Excellence in teaching, as evidenced particularly by the use of effective teaching strategies and notable methods of assessing student learning
- Innovations in teaching and learning
- A strong commitment to working effectively with a diverse student body
- A demonstrable impact on students’ intellectual and professional development and on their lives