May 17, 2017: Mental Health Awareness Week Walk
The Wayne State University Anti-Stigma Committee cordially invites you to support Mental Health Awareness Week at the second annual Mental Health Awareness Walk to benefit the Wayne State University Food Pantry. The Wayne State Office of the Provost in coordination with the School of Social Work, the President's Commission on the Status of Women, Counseling and Psychological Services, the Dean of Students Office and La Pita Fresh encourage you to join us at this event aimed at raising awareness around mental health with the goal of reducing the stigma that people with mental disorders face every day. This event will include a guest speakers, the one mile walk across campus lead by Provost Whitfield and a canned food drive. The canned food and monetary donations will be given to the WSU Food Pantry.
- Registration Check-In: 10:45 am to 11:15 am
- Student Center Building Second Floor Hillberry Rooms C and D
- A donation of 5 non-perishable food items or $5.00 is suggested
- Welcome: 11:15 am to 11:30 am
- The first 50 people get a gift bag!
- Keynote Speakers: 11:30 am to 12:00 pm
- Emily Klueh, U of M and Allie Renaud, The W Food Panty
- One Mile Walk: 12:00 pm
- Start with Provost Keith E. Whitfield
- Post-Walk Refreshments: 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm
DATE & TIME: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 with registration check-in starting at 10:45 am; walk start 12:00 pm
LOCATION: Registration and walk-start at the WSU Student Center, 2nd floor Hillberry Rooms C & D (5221 Gullen Mall, Detroit, MI 48202)
AUDIENCE: Everyone is welcome!
RSVP: Complete your RSVP by Friday May 12, 2017 with our Online Registration or contact Patricia Dixon at email@example.com or 313-577-3398 or Shantalea Johns at firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-577-4409
COST: A donation of 5 non-perishable food items or $5.00 is requested
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Contact Patricia Dixon at email@example.com or 313-577-3398 or Shantalea Johns at firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-577-4409. PDF event flyer or visit the Wayne State Event Calendar here.