Barragan received her BSW from Southern Illinois University in 1994 after which she worked in foster care as both a caseworker and program supervisor. In 1996 she returned to earn her MSW from the University of Illinois. Since earning her MSW, she has worked primarily in the health care industry and a substantive portion of her work experience being in long-term care consulting. During this time, Barragan returned to school and is now pursuing her Ph.D. in Social Work from Wayne State University.
Degrees and Certifications
- AA, University of Maryland Munich, West Germany
- BSW, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, IL
- MSW, University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana, IL
- Doctoral studies at Wayne State University
- Group work, theory, and practice
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- Research Methods
Areas of Expertise
- Professional works include departmental and organizational assessment and restructuring within the long-term care environment.
- University institutional research
- Gerontology, Aging in the Community, Life Satisfaction, Aging policy
- Survey administration & analysis qualitative & quantitative
- The longitudinal buffering impact of personal resources on life satisfaction following stressful life events of minority elders
Office LocationMeeting Locations to be determined as needed