Posting: Access Clinician - Region 10, Port Huron, MI
March 27, 2023
Position: Access Clinician
Reference Number: 2022-25
Starting Salary: $66,000
Hours/Schedule: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Location: Port Huron, MI
Start Date: Immediately
$6,000 Sign-On Bonus Available!
Region 10 is committed to being a premier employer by enhancing the lives of our team and supporting their growth as people and professionals. Sign on bonus of $6,000 available. We provide competitive wage scales that reward experience and performance, ongoing career development and training opportunities, excellent health coverage, generous paid time off with additional performance-based incentives, 13 paid holidays, flexible scheduling, and a comprehensive benefit program. The health and safety of our staff is a top priority, and we have implemented a COVID 19 preparedness and response plan to ensure this.
If you are looking for rewarding and meaningful work within a supportive, high-performing team in a positive, enthusiastic environment, we encourage you to apply at:
An employee at this level is required to perform some or all of the following duties, which do not include all tasks to be performed:
- Conduct initial screenings and appropriate referrals based on established clinical protocols and medical necessity criteria
- Conduct diagnostic evaluations
- Conduct triage calls with hospitals or Crisis on call worker when potential inpatient care or alternative care is needed
- Conduct and determine length of initial authorization for inpatient psychiatric stays based on clinical protocol and eligibility criteria
- Conduct screening/continued stay review of treatment at hospitals and crisis residential based on clinical eligibility criteria
- Conduct discharge screenings to assure continuity of care and if appropriate referral to an Outpatient Program
- Provide crisis intervention as needed
- Coordinate activities with other agencies and assist utilization of these resources by service recipients
- Maintain regular required documentation
- Maintain confidentiality
Minimum Qualifications (An employee must have the following credentials, training, and experience)
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related Human Service Field
- Demonstrated ability to utilize ASAM and DSM 5
- Substance Use Training and Experience
- Knowledge of Mental Health treatment procedures applicable to public mental health populations
- Knowledge of current and best practices within behavioral health services
- Proficiency and experience working on an Electronic Health Record System.
- One year experience with behavioral health service recipients
- Must qualify as QMHP, QMRP, or QCMHP
- Ability to exercise some flexibility in problem solving, when expected results are clear and generally set by others, provided certain outcomes are avoided
- Ingenuity is required to adapt, alter, or improvise alternatives when unexpected situations occur
- Ability to exercise discretion and some flexibility in selecting an optimal solution from established alternatives to obtain the desired outcome
- Ability to use or exert influence in a work process
- Ability to be a “work leader” (of a person or function), or advise others
- Ability to provide, exchange, or explain information which conveys an opinion or evaluation of the facts or analyses
- Ability to deal with minor conflicts tactfully
- Must have access to transportation
- Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License
- Three to five years’ experience in public behavioral health
- Experience working at a call center
Notice to Applicants:
- When applying, be sure to include evidence that the minimum qualifications are met (resume, copy of license, copy of educational transcripts, description of years of experience, skill based experience/training, letters of reference, etc.).
- This position will be hired as employment-at-will.
- Any offer of employment is contingent upon a Criminal Background Check, as well as a 5 Panel Drug Screen.
- Region 10 PIHP embraces an employment environment that promotes recovery and discovery, a person-centered approach to treatment/services, and cultural competence. An employee in this or any position is expected to support the employment environment.
- Region 10 PIHP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Region 10 PIHP complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.