Posting: MAT Program Clinician/Case Manger - Community Corrections Department at the Macomb County Jail
March 29, 2023
This is a full-time position as a MAT Program Clinician/Case Manager. This position involves working through the Community Corrections Department at the Macomb County Jail to place eligible inmates into the MAT program. The hiring and administrative management of this position is through Comprehensive Youth Services (CYS)/ Clinton Counseling Center Jail Program, and the day-to-day management is through Community Corrections.
The position requires strong assessment and case management skills. A brief summary of the job responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
- Working with a variety of departments within the Macomb County Jail to obtain information and coordinate services for inmates considered for the MAT Program.
- Identification of inmates who may meet the eligibility criterion for MAT.
- Assessing possible MAT program candidates to determine program eligibility and candidate's willingness to participate.
- Coordinating MAT program placement with Sacred Heart and Wellpath (the jail's medical provider).
- Providing written recommendations appropriate to the assessed needs of the persons evaluated.
- Providing referrals and placement into other programs.
- Providing case management and follow up on all placements in a timely manner.
- Reporting client non-compliance to all appropriate criminal justice agencies in a timely manner.
- Functioning as a gatekeeper for all Community Corrections funded substance abuse treatment beds.
- Completing and maintaining all client records in a timely manner.
Must have at least a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Behavioral Science, Social Work, Counseling, Criminal Justice or a related field. Must either have the Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals (MCBAP) certification of Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC), or Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CAADC) or register a Development Plan within 6 months of hire.
Seeking candidates with experience and knowledge in the fields of Substance Abuse & Criminal Justice.
For more information about Community Corrections, please see: https://communitycorrections.macombgov.org/CommunityCorrections-Home