Posting: Full Time Resident Director - MyPlace
April 3, 2023
JOB DESCRIPTION: Resident Director
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Execuve Director of Operaons
The MyPlace Resident Director is responsible for engaging with residents, assessing their needs, assisng them in creang personal goal plans, coordinang necessary case management, and offering support and follow-up. The Resident Director will regularly communicate with residents’ various service providers to ensure holisc care of each individual. They will assist the Execuve Director with various dues, including but not limited to financial tracking, meeng with community organizaons, recruing, training and scheduling staff, general house management, and represenng MyPlace to the community. The Resident Director is essenal in helping residents move forward in life and does so with empathy and compassion. This role is expected to work alongside the Execuve Director to focus on connuous improvement in policies, services, and budget management. Schedule of 40 hours worked per week, primarily days, but schedule may vary.
- Provide resident services for current residents including, but not limited to: inial assessment, direct and referral services, advocacy, case management coordinaon, crisis response, and support.
- Process resident intakes and educate residents on general home expectaons, conflict resoluon, and resident rights.
- Create and implement individual resident plans with goals and meframes.
- Set up regular meengs with each resident based on need.
- Assess resident progress and collaborate with MDHHS and other service providers when appropriate.
- Directly provide case management to residents without an exisng case manager, such as connecng them to assistance for educaon, financial aid, budgeng, emoonal well-being, job search, conflict resoluon, and other supporve benefits, as needed somemes in conjuncon with BSW and MSW interns.
- Provide follow-up support as residents transion into secured housing or back to their family unit.
- Partner with volunteer groups to establish and maintain a volunteer training schedule, 24/7 staffing by employees, volunteers, and interns, and support programming and services for residents.
- Parcipate in staff meengs and board meengs as requested.
- Supervise and support staff, including employees, interns, and volunteers.
- Maintain up-to-date files and data records on all services provided and follow mandated confidenality procedures for that informaon.
- Facilitate and model for clients posive interacons including problem solving, mediaon, crisis intervenon, and de-escalaon as you implement the Communal Living Agreement and incenve programming with residents.
- Assist where necessary with the day-to-day upkeep of MyPlace.
- Provide open communicaons with the Leadership Team.
- Build relaonships with community partners and local police to assist residents with resources.
NOTE: The list of essenal and addional funcons is not exhausve. It may be supplemented as necessary from me to me.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Social Work or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Two years of relevant experience with the focus on people with complex trauma histories.
- Ability to model and promote a culture of inclusivity within the organizaon.
- Understanding and experience working with vulnerable populaons.
- Possesses a Chrisan worldview.
- Values commensurate with a community commied to providing inclusive programs without regard to race, religion, physical or mental ability, sexual orientaon, gender identy and any other protected class.
- Proficient in all necessary computer applicaons, including Microso Office.
- Excellent wrien and verbal communicaon skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about freely. Work may be performed in an office environment and with usual office equipment including computers, and a home seng. Must be able to li 25lbs. Job requires some transportaon of residents and travel to other locaons/agencies, so must have a driver's license and reliable transportaon. Though the schedule will generally be 40 hours per week Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, some evenings and weekends will be required for various events as well as on-call crisis response.
The above informaon on this job descripon has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classificaon. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all dues, responsibilies, and qualificaons required of employees assigned to this job. The job descripon will be reviewed periodically as dues and responsibilies change with business necessity.
Alexandria Fagan, LMSW-Clinical