Posting: Education Manager - Ruth Ellis Center Inc. Highland Park, MI
April 25, 2023
About RUTH ELLIS CENTER INC:
Founded in 1999, Ruth Ellis Center (REC) has established a national reputation for quality and innovation in providing trauma-informed services for lesbian, gay, bi-attractional, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ+) youth and young adults, with an emphasis on young people of color, experiencing homelessness, involved in the child welfare system, and/or experiencing barriers to health and wellbeing. It is our mission, to create opportunities with LGBTQ+ young people to build their vision for a positive future. Our vision is a world where LGBTQ+ young people are safe and supported no matter where they go.
The Ruth Ellis Center Institute is seeking an Education Manager!
The Institute Education Manager will work under the Education and Evaluation Director with the department, people served, contractors, and community stakeholders.
This position will focus on facilitating restorative adult learning through in person, virtual, and asynchronous education.
The priorities of position will be determined by the Institute team based on commitments to people served, community stakeholders, funders, the strategic plan, the principles of work, and the agency mission.
Key components of this role include training facilitation, grant administration, and supporting other education facilitators. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Facilitate restorative, accessible education content for adult learners.
- Support administrative work of the Ruth Ellis Institute including material development, Continuing Education Unit applications, advertising, registration tracking, and evaluation processing.
- Coordinate with Employee Experience for staff onboarding as well as ongoing support.
- Perform regular literature reviews and assist in design format for curriculum, training and workshop content internally and externally for in person and virtual learning.
- Provide technical assistance with training equipment and materials, contribute to innovative tools for learning, including synchronous virtual, recorded asynchronous, and hybrid training with in-person and virtual participation.
- Track and enter quantitative and qualitative data (weekly in a training dashboard) related to training, evaluation, technical assistance, and research and submit requested information for grant reports.
- Work with the Ruth Ellis Institute to connect community to training, research and evaluation.
- Participate in quality review and fidelity monitoring for education facilitation.
- Write, document, modify curriculum for replication.
- Support a team of education facilitators through fidelity monitoring, coaching, and one-on-one weekly meetings.
- Other duties as required.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Master's in Social Work (MSW).
- A minimum of five (5) years' professional experience in social services.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, and Google Suite Software.
- Professional or lived experience with the LGBTQ+ community.
- Demonstrated knowledge of training and facilitation practices.
- This position requires local travel to facilitate in person training, errands and duties as assigned. In-state and national travel may be required up to 10% of the time.
- This position requires at least four (4) overnight trips in Michigan annually.
- The employee must have a valid driver license approved for airline travel and be an insured driver.
- $24 to $25 per hour
The Ruth Ellis Center is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. The agency does not discriminate based race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, age, disability as protected by federal, state, and local laws, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by law.
Jessie Fullenkamp, LMSW
Education and Evaluation Director
Ruth Ellis Center