Posting: Director of Volunteer Engagement - Center for Success Network
May 18, 2023
Organization and Background
Center for Success Network is a nonprofit organization committed to impacting youth through education and exposure to social interactions and activities. We believe that if we impact the next generation, we change our collective future.
Our mission is to unite community and literacy to empower students in their journey of education.
Our vision is to vitalize our community's relationship with literacy by creating training and a supportive village that increases the knowledge, skills, mindsets and avenues for connected contribution to grade level reading proficiency. Our collaboratively rich programs ignite a passion for education that inspires students to thrive academically within safe spaces and intentional learning structures where students connect with dedicated mentors for guided, specified literacy interventions. We pave the way for community contribution towards children’s lifelong love of learning through reading.
Diversity, Community, Connection, Growth
The Director of Volunteer Engagement will establish, utilize, and maintain systems that increase volunteer recruitment, engagement, training and retention to significantly accelerate students on the path to reading proficiency through improved foundational literacy skills and ignite a lifelong passion for literacy and learning. The Director of Volunteer Engagement will report to the Executive Director and work collaboratively with the Executive Leadership Team to ensure program quality and consistency.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Identify and develop relationships with organizations to recruit individual literacy mentors, one-time volunteers, and volunteer groups for one off events.
- Communicate with organizations, groups and individuals in a timely fashion and provide interest forms to begin the process of becoming a mentor.
- Maintain organization profile and engage volunteers through websites and postings
- Participate in volunteer coordinator groups and professional development
- Design and implement recruitment strategies to be shared with interested organizations at engagement events.
- Oversight of volunteer engagement interns/fellows to support mentor recruitment and engagement
- Schedule Mentor Trainings and the Mentoring for Equity workshops
- Host the virtual and in person mentor trainings
- Ensure interested volunteers complete each training session d
- Manage background check process
- Manage mentor and volunteer data and attendance
- Connect with corporate and individual volunteers to schedule and identify individual volunteer projects not related to mentoring
- Host Pontiac and Detroit LAC
- Pair enrolled mentors and mentees and connect with Directors/LLIs
- Observe, co-host and/or host virtual or in person mentoring sessions in the event of a staff absence
- Locate and place substitute mentors when needed
- Schedule one-time volunteers and volunteer groups when needed
Mentor and Volunteer Retention
- Compile regular mentor feedback and share with leadership team to responsively create updated materials
- Create and streamline systems for increasing mentor/volunteer retention
- Ensure timely communication to mentors/volunteers across a variety of platforms
- Create and share mentor communication templates
- Monitor and analyze mentor attendance
- Plan and facilitate volunteer recognition strategies and events to appreciate mentor service
- Ensure mentors complete exit survey
Organization and Program Success
- Participate as a member of the Executive Leadership Team
- Attend all applicable recurring meetings, including ELT, ELC, team and staff meetings
- Collaborate with Director of Equity and Social Responsibility to ensure quality volunteer training experience
- Share stories and support the organization in telling the CFSN story
- All of other tasks as assigned
Position is full time, and includes health reimbursement benefits and professional development funds.
Full time salary: $50,000 - $55,000
To Apply Please send a letter of intent that captures why this position is a great match for your skills and interests, along with your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.