Posting: Emergency Response Services Program Coordinator - FirstStep
May 23, 2023
EMERGENCY RESPONSE SERVICES PROGRAM COORDINATOR
LOCATION: All First Step sites; Ability to travel between agency sites and assault response locations in Wayne County.
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs
POSITION TYPE: EXEMPT Full-time, Salary, 37.5 hours/week,
PAY RANGE: $55,000 - $60,000 annually
SCHEDULE: Weekdays. Some evenings with occasional oncall shift, evening or weekend required.
The Emergency Response Service (ERS) Program Coordinator provides direct supervision and support for the ERS Team. The ERS Program Coordinator additionally supports First Step’s mission by providing trauma-informed support, crisis counseling advocacy, and resources to survivors of intimate partner violence and sexual assault. The ERS Program Coordinator works directly with the Director of Programs to review, evaluate, and make program adjustments as part of continuous program development improvement and growth. First Step provides comprehensive training and supervision to all employees. First Step works hard to create a workplace that is dynamic. We encourage people with diverse identities and experiences who are excited about equity and social justice to apply.
- Interview, recommend for hire, train, and schedule designated employees.
- Provide consistent and ongoing supervision, employee development, evaluation, and support to the ERS Team
- Provide guidance and support for Assault Response Team (ART)
- Work collaboratively with all agency programs
- Empower clients by providing client-specific advocacy, crisis counseling, trauma informed support and safety planning
- Meet identified client needs including information, resources and referrals to other service providers as needed
- Establish strong partnerships with various systems to enhance systems change and response to intimate partner violence and sexual assault
- Accurately maintain client records, service statistics and case examples for grant statistical reports and proposals
- Achieve agency strategic goals including program excellence, value resources, building capacity and community action
- Commitment to represent the agency in various settings
- Understand and support the First Step philosophy of empowerment, education, and prevention of violence
- Support and carry out First Step’s mission, vision, and values
- BSW/BA in Human Services recommended or equivalent experience, Master’s degree/MSW a plus
- Significant experience in crisis counseling, intimate partner violence, and sexual assault
- Ability to successfully work independently and with supervision
- Experience and ability to work effectively with people from diverse racial, economic, and cultural backgrounds
- Capability to perform efficiently and effectively in crisis situations conditions and use judgment in making quick decisions under pressure.
- Must be caring, empathetic and have a passion for working with survivors using a client-centered approach
- Must be able to set and maintain clear professional boundaries and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and with supervision
- Capacity to handle multi tasks simultaneously, while adhering to all agency guidelines, policies, and deadlines
- Excellent oral, written, active listening and organization skills
- Ability to lift 30 pounds on occasion;
- Bilingual a plus
Must be at least 18 years old and satisfy criminal background checks, DHHS child abuse registry check, sex offender registry check, driving check. Must have and maintain a valid MI driver’s license, excellent driving record, reliable transportation, and current auto insurance. These requirements will be re-checked throughout employment.
Agency provided health, dental, optical insurance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance after 60 days. Employee Assistance Program. Additional voluntary insurance benefits available after 60 days. Employer contribution to 401k. Annual paid time off and floating holidays. Accrued paid flex time. Agency closure days off with pay.