Posting: Behavioral Health Therapist - School Based - Family Medical Center of Michigan
May 23, 2023
Behavioral Health Therapist - School Based
Family Medical Center of Michigan
Family Medical Center of Michigan is seeking clinicians who are passionate about working with children, adolescents and their families!
Number of openings for this position
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Retirement plan
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Professional development assistance
- Employee assistance program
Family Medical Center of Michigan, Inc., is a Federally Qualified Community Health Center, dedicated to quality and excellence in providing integrated, comprehensive and cost effective medical, behavioral and dental health care in Monroe, Lenawee and Wayne Counties.
FMC is proud to announce an expansion of our successful partnership with Detroit Public Schools Community District (DPSCD) in providing school based behavioral health services.
Family Medical Center of Michigan has outstanding opportunities for Michigan licensed Master’s level clinicians, including LMSW, LLMSW, LPC, LLPC, and LLP.
FMC will provide in person behavioral health services in a school setting to ensure and optimize behavioral health services for all students in the Detroit Public School Community District. Job duties of the school-based Behavioral Health Specialists include, however are not limited to, the provision of:
- biopsychosocial assessments
- development of treatment plans including goals, objectives, and interventions
- therapeutic techniques through individual and/or family sessions
- psychoeducation to students, families, and school staff
- classroom observations to identity themes and needs within particular classroom and to identity potential students in need of services
- group counseling
The Behavioral Health Specialists also participate in:
- a quarterly peer review process meetings
- assigned trainings
- completion of documentation
- collaboration with colleagues, supervisor, support coordinators, PCP's and psychiatric providers
- Flexibility with 10-month school year based schedule or 12-month schedule.
- Competitive salary and fringe benefit package
- Michigan Licensed LMSW, LLMSW, LPC, LLPC, or LLP
- 1 year clinical experience with children, preferably in a school setting
- Must have Current Driver License and Auto Insurance
- Bilingual a plus
- Detroit schools - multiple locations
All employees are required to wear masks, having weekly COVID-19 test through DPSCD via mouth swab, and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Send application updates to
- Application question: What is the highest level of education you have completed? (Deal breaker)
- Application question: Please list 2-3 dates and time ranges that you could do an interview.
- Application question: What percentage of the time are you willing to travel for work?
- Application question: How many years of clinical experience do you have?
- Application question: Do you have a valid LMSW or similar license?
www.familymedicalmi.org Family Medical Center of Michigan is an EEO/AA/ADA/D/V Employer