Posting: Student Research Assistant Position Center for Social Work Research, School of Social Work Wayne State University
March 17, 2021
The Center for Social Work Research Student Research Assistant works with a team of students and research technicians to support various School of Social Work (SSW) faculty and staff and external clients with a variety of research projects.
- Provide SSW faculty/staff and external clients research support on a variety of projects through use of SPSS, literature searches, data entry and coding, data analysis, visualization and reporting, online survey software, and transcription of narrative interviews
- Create surveys to be utilized for SSW assessments and Research Center purposes
- Program surveys into questionnaire formats (Remark and Qualtrics)
- Administer surveys, conduct interviews and focus groups to SSW students and external clients
- Assist in data processing and analysis using Remark, SPSS, Qualtrics, and Excel
- Assist in the preparation of user-friendly reports for internal SSW administrators and external clients
- Assist with Research Center website content entry
- Experience working on social science research projects
- Experience with SPSS
- Completion of at least one Research, Research Methods and/or Research Statistics course required
- Comfortable with a variety of computer programs
- Ability to learn computer applications quickly
- Detail-oriented and organized, with excellent time-management skills
- Incoming or current WSU Social Work students are given preference
- Students with more than 1 year remaining in program are given preference
- Available to work during the summer and the school year
- Part-time hourly for 15-20 hours per week with no benefits
- Located in the School of Social Work (currently working remote)
- Hours can be worked Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm. Evening and weekend hours are negotiable.
- Compensation: $14.00/hour.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Kendra Wells (firstname.lastname@example.org), Manager of Research Support. Please make sure to include your social work program, graduation date, experience with SPSS, and availability in your cover letter.