Posting: Sunrise PACE; Fort Gratiot
September 24, 2021
St. Clair County
Social Worker (MSW), PACE
Region VII Area Agency on Aging/PACE is accepting applications for a highly motivated Social Worker (MSW), PACE. Choose a challenging and rewarding career where you can enjoy a deep sense of personal satisfaction by making a positive and meaningful difference in the lives of others. We are a growing non-profit organization based in Bay City, MI. The PACE center and job location is located in Fort Gratiot (St. Clair County). We believe in advocating, planning, developing, and supporting a comprehensive system of quality care and services designed to achieve the optimum level of health, well-being, and independence of people as they age.
The Company: Region VII Area Agency on Aging/PACE is a non-profit organization that helps seniors, adults with disabilities and their families have greater independence in their homes and communities and is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike. We believe in advocating, planning, developing, and supporting a comprehensive system of quality care and services designed to achieve the optimum level of health, well-being, and independence of people as they age.
Purpose of the position
Responsible for the direct social work care management services to the participants of the Sunrise PACE program. Provides social service support such as participant screening, case management, counseling and referral.
Requirements for this position
· Work effectively in a team environment.
· Communicate effectively and have interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
· Only act within the scope of his/her authority to practice.
· Meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by Sunrise PACE and approved by regulatory agencies before working independently.
· Be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up-to-date before engaging in direct participant contact.
· Pass a criminal background
· Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university.
· Current Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), LMSW, or LISW in the state of California.
· Minimum 2 years of experience in a health related area.
· Either have one year of experience working with a frail or elderly population or, in the absence of such experience, to receive appropriate training from the Sunrise PACE on working with a frail or elderly population upon hiring.
· Valid Driver’s license and vehicle, or other approved means of transportation, and an acceptable driving record is required.
· Individual therapy (psycho-social) techniques for geriatric participants.
· Basic computer skills and use of electronic mail.
· Analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
Why join our Team?
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Offered
· Health Savings Accounts
· Competitive 401K Retirement Plan with Generous Company Match
· Short Term/Long Term Disability
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Company Holidays
· Life Insurance
· Exceptional Work Environment where all team members are valued
OSHA CATEGORY: This position in the regular course of business would not encounter any tasks or situations involving exposure to bodily fluids.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Physical demands: Employee must be able to sit for extended periods of time. Employee will also be actively present throughout the PACE center, engaged with employees, participants and with staff. Employee is required to use hands and fingers, especially for typing on the computer and using the mouse. Employee must be able to talk and hear, particularly for daily interactions with staff and elderly participants.
· Work Environment: Employee must be able to work in a busy and demanding clinic environment with moderate to loud noise levels.
Region VII Area Agency on Aging/PACE is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.