Posting: School Social Workers - Total Education Solutions
August 4, 2022
We are looking for School Social Worker's in Metro Detroit. The positions are full-time at 40 hours per week.
Our School Social Workers provide emotional support, mental health and educational evaluations, therapy including learning and behavior interventions, and case management for the benefit of our clients. At TES, you will be a part of the solution, helping us achieve goals which allow all students to learn and thrive.
As a School Social Worker at TES, you will:
- provide mental health services and case management services for the benefit of the client/family for the delivery of direct, collateral, & case management/linkage/brokerage mental health services to consumers, parents, and involved caregivers & service providers regarding mental health issues, behavioral problems, consumer areas of strength, service placement issues & needs, to promote improved, adaptive, & independent functioning in all domains. Be able to form an effective treatment team with a case manager for the benefit of the client and family.
- provide documentation to meet all County, State, and Federal documentation requirements.
- meet with the clinical supervisor on a regular basis to discuss and implement all Behavioral Board Sciences supervision requirements.
- review records, organize information and determine appropriate assessments for clients.
- evaluate goals and objectives on an ongoing basis and adapt them to individual needs while coordinating and designing appropriate activities, materials, and methods for remediation.
- work with frequent interruptions and changing priorities while remaining composed and objective.
- understand and comply with all TES Protocols and Procedures in relation to job expectations.
- maintain expertise in the subject matter by continuing research, study, and application.
- act as a liaison between consumers, caregivers, family, and other involved agencies.
You will need the following minimum qualifications to be considered:
- a Master’s degree in Social Work and current state licensure
- qualifying experience with learning disabilities, behavioral problems, and social / emotional disorders
- have an understanding of state laws and professional ethics
- ability to plan, analyze, and coordinate activities and establish priorities
- proficiency in modern technology such as Google docs, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- A valid driver license and hold appropriate automobile insurance with limits that allow driving a personal vehicle for work (25/50k liability coverage)
- must clear a current background check through the FBI and DOJ
Preferred qualifications include:
- have the 1 or more of the following trainings: Child Abuse Assessment and Reporting, Human Sexuality, Alcoholism and Chemical Substance Abuse Dependency, Spousal/Partner Abuse Detection and Intervention, and Aging and Long-Term Care
- experience working with individuals with special needs
Total Education Solutions (TES) is a national provider of special education and therapeutic services to public, private, and charter schools as well as healthcare organizations servicing the United States, with offices in California, Michigan, and Ohio. Our professional, multi-disciplinary staff delivers therapeutic services in our family-centered clinics, in schools, at home, and online. We strongly believe in using an interdisciplinary approach in trainings, treatments, and service delivery, encouraging our providers to work together in creating customized solutions and achieving client goals.
Our Mission: To empower individuals of all abilities by fostering opportunities for success through customized, innovative solutions.
As part of our team, full-time employees enjoy:
- health, dental, and vision insurance as well as a $25,000 life and AD&D insurance policies (if eligible).
- up to 2 weeks paid vacation, up to 13 paid holidays, and 6 paid sick days.
- retirement plan and medical and dependent flexible spending accounts.
- up to $2,500 in educational assistance.
- access to free employee assistant programs (EAP) 24/7.
- working with a team of dedicated professionals with a desire to make an impact in the lives of at-risk individuals.
- ongoing professional development and professional growth opportunities both in-house and up to $300 in CEU reimbursements.
We are looking for individuals that can:
- be proactive and have a solution-oriented approach to problem-solving.
- be an appropriate role model.
- thrive in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment.
- be flexible and embrace change.
- demonstrate emotional maturity and responsibility.
- innovate and act as an entrepreneurial self-starter.
- accept and value diversity.
- maintain a professional demeanor, attire, work schedule, and work ethic.
- ability to analyze, organize, prioritize, and follow through on all duties and tasks as assigned.
- further develop professional and technical skills.
Environment & Physical Qualifications: Assigned work environments vary from site to site and may require services to be provided in a distance learning / therapy model. The work environment is usually comprised of several adults and children in a classroom, clinic, or campus facility with supervisors traveling to multiple sites/clinics. Due to varied work environments, an employee may encounter noise levels that are moderate to loud. In addition, the job functions could include the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling.
Please contact Jim Esnault at: 248-544-0360