Posting: Justice, Peace and Sustainability Coordinator (JPSO)
August 11, 2022
The Coordinator oversees all programs and functions of the JPSO and facilitates the IHM Community’s work in justice, peace and sustainability by fulfilling priorities and directions as established collaboratively with the JPSO Advisory Committee. The Coordinator represents the IHM Community in its advocacy efforts with elected officials and business leaders and in alliances with other religious communities, faith-based organizations and grass-roots groups.
- Prepare public statements, letters and endorsements on behalf of the IHM Leadership Council.
- Represent the IHM Community in its collaboration with local, regional and national organizations advocating for justice, peace and sustainability including but not limited to LCWR Region VII (IN/MI) Justice Promoters and the Justice Conference of Women Religious.
- Support IHM Justice, Peace and Sustainability committee work as needed including participation on the Responsible Investment Committee and its DTE Subcommittee.
- Coordinate and provide an IHM public presence on justice, peace and sustainability issues.
- Draft the weekly IHM Justice, Peace and Sustainability Announcement.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in the area of justice, peace and/or sustainability.
- Ability to learn, understand and support the IHM mission and values.
- Understanding of Catholic social teaching and critical social analysis.
- Ability to work collaboratively and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com, or mail to Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, 610 West Elm Avenue, Monroe, MI 48162
IHM Sisters supports workforce diversity