Posting: Wellness Program Manager - University of Kansas Health System
October 27, 2022
Wellness Program Manager
Job ID: R-20941
Job Type: Full time
Location: Westwood, Kansas
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Wellness Program Manager provides managerial support and coordination to the Physician & Provider Wellness Center and to the programming needs of the overall Wellness Program. The Wellness Program Manager works directly with System Chief Wellness Officer, Clinical Affairs Director, and Wellness Center Psychologists to develop, implement, support, and promote physician wellness strategies, tactics, policies, and programs that are aligned with the system wellness programming for other cohorts.
- Oversees and tracks outreach programs and activities including psycho-educational and wellbeing health promotions
- Serve as “Wellbeing Concierge” in connecting physicians and providers with wellbeing resources appropriate to their needs.
- Develop and maintain inventory of institutional/local/regional wellbeing resources
- Develop and maintain wellbeing welcome materials to be incorporated into Health System onboarding
- Serve as Wellness Center office manager including assistance with patient scheduling and coordination of wellbeing programming logistics
- Design and develop educational materials in collaboration with Wellness Center providers and TUKHS corporate communications
Clinical Affairs Wellness Infrastructure Development
- Partner with Health System leadership to develop long term wellness programming encompassing expansion to nursing, health professionals, and health system employees, ensuring alignment with current programming and strategies
- Develop presentations for CWO for program updates to TUKHS Boards, Senior Leadership, Physician Leaders, and front line staff
- Serve as primary point of contact for Wellness metrics and develop Wellness Program Dashboard
- Assist with implementation of survey tools such as burnout index or equivalent
- Collects and analyzes information about physician and provider burnout, turnover, wellness, and engagement
- Keep current with wellness trends and scientific literature; recognize potential implications and recommend new programs when appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, psychology, counseling, social work, human resources, or related field required
- 2-3 years’ experience in a related area
- Knowledge of current wellbeing trends, issues, and best practices impacting healthcare workers with emphasis on implementation of program design, educational offerings, and prevention strategies
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented. Strong execution skills and problem-solving skills. Experience working in a matrixed environment
- Strong communication and critical thinking capabilities
- Fosters an inclusive, engaged, success-oriented and accountable culture and working environment.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age (40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic information.