Posting: Behavioral Health Specialist - Oak Street Health
November 2, 2022
Behavioral Health Specialists are a key resource for Care Teams across a region of Oak Street Health primary clinics. Behavioral Health Specialists are responsible for coordinating and supporting behavioral healthcare for our patients, in collaboration with Care Teams and a psychiatric consultant. The Behavioral Health Social Worker will assess the needs of patients, make referrals to appropriate behavioral health resources and specialists, and provide short-term counseling and evidence-based treatments as indicated.
The minimum base annual wage for this position is $61,400 and the maximum base wage for this position is $97,880. This base pay does not include additional forms of compensation including bonuses, overtime, etc."
- Collaborate with the primary care teams to identify appropriate patients to refer into the Oak Street Behavioral Health program
- Screen and assess patients for common mental health and substance use disorders
- Develop care plans and provide or facilitate referrals to Oak Street’s psychiatric consultant and/or external resources
- Provide short-term counseling and evidence-based treatments
- Coordinate care with Oak Street’s psychiatric consultant, including warm hand offs for telehealth visits and collaboration on care plans
- Develop relationships with primary care teams and consistently communicate changes in behavioral health care plans
- Accurate and timely documentation of patient encounters and counseling sessions in Oak Street’s electronic medical record
- Participate in regional and organizational efforts to advance Oak Street’s Behavioral Health program through workshops, feedback sessions and surveys
- Other duties, as assigned
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for motivated, experienced licensed clinical social workers with:
- A problem-solving orientation and a flexible and positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting
- Experience and passion for working with behavioral health conditions
- Enthusiasm for working with older adults
- Comfort supporting patients with co-occurring behavioral health and substance abuse issues
- Experience with screening for common mental health and/or substance use disorders.
- Experience with assessment and treatment planning for common mental health and/or substance use disorders
- Working knowledge of differential diagnosis of common mental health and/or substance use disorders
- Working knowledge of evidence-based psychosocial treatments for common mental health disorders
- Familiarity with brief, structured intervention techniques (e.g., Motivational Interviewing, Behavioral Activation)
- Proficient PC skills
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”.
What it means to be OAKY:
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
- Being relentlessly determined
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
Why Oak Street Health?
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers that provides higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive, and integrated care right in our patient’s communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. With an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about the mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can’t be found in other clinical workplaces, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company focused on changing the future of healthcare.
- Paid vacation/sick time, retirement options, as well as health, vision, and dental benefits
- Brand new, beautiful working environment
- Supportive and fun culture
- High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to learn more here: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion | Oak Street Health