Posting: Mental Health Social Worker - Westland, MI
January 23, 2023
Mental Health Social Worker 9-P11
Salary: $23.47 - $32.38 Hourly
Location: Westland, MI
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Department: Health and Human Services - Walter Reuther Psychiatric Hospital
Job Number: 3945-23-021
Bargaining Unit: United Auto Workers (UAW)
The MDHHS mission is to provide opportunities, services, and programs that promote a healthy, safe, and stable environment for residents to be self-sufficient. We are committed to ensuring a diverse workforce and a work environment whereby all employees are treated with dignity, respect and fairness. For more information, please visit our MDHHS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan. (Download PDF reader)
This position is responsible for the coordination of clinical information for the purposes of individualized treatment planning and level of care decision making by treatment teams at each of the psychiatric hospitals under SHA. It involves gathering and organizing data from multiple sources and communicating findings to the patient’s treatment team. Sources of data include clinical interview with patients, hospital file and record review for informing and determining the appropriate level of care and treatment for patients, including patients with secondary diagnosis of a substance use disorder. The position is also responsible for preparing written reports, other correspondence on the data gathered, maintaining records, compiling, organizing, and disseminating statistical data.
To be considered for this position you must:
- Apply for this position online via NEOGOV; click on "Apply" in the job posting for instructions on submitting your electronic application. Hard copy applications are not accepted.
- Relevant experience and/or education referred to in the supplemental questions must be documented in the resume, transcript and/or application to allow for accurate screening.
- Attach a resume identifying specific experience and dates of employment. Dates of employment should include month and year and hours per week.
- If applicable, attach a copy of an official transcript(s). We accept scanned copies of official transcripts. We do not accept web-based, internet, or copies of unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts provide the name of the institution, confirmation that a degree was awarded and on what date, and the registrar's signature.
Failure to complete any of the above items may result in your application not being considered. See instructions for attaching files here: Instructions (Download PDF reader)
In accordance with the CMS Omnibus COVID-19 Health Care Staff Interim Final Rule, this position requires proof of COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption request on file. If you are fully vaccinated or wish to pursue a religious or medical exemption, please indicate.
If you previously held status in this classification and departed within the last three (3) years, please contact Human Resources regarding your interest in a potential reinstatement. Reinstatement is not guaranteed or required.
Required Education and Experience:
Possession of a bachelor's degree in social work or possession of a bachelor's degree in social services, social psychology, or sociology with a concentration in social work.
Mental Health Social Worker 9
- No specific type or amount is required.
Mental Health Social Worker 10
- One year of professional experience providing case coordination services equivalent to a Mental Health Social Worker 9.
Mental Health Social Worker P11
- Two years of professional experience providing case coordination services equivalent to a Mental Health Social Worker, including one year equivalent to a Mental Health Social Worker 10.
View Job Description at:
View a Position Description at:
https://mcsc.state.mi.us/AgencyPDFs/Mental%20Health%20Social%20Wrkr.pdf (Download PDF reader)
YOUR APPLICATION FOR ANY POSITION DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY THE DEPARTMENT/AGENCY FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION. ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS INTERVIEWED WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THE RESULTS.
Inquiries regarding this posting should be sent to MDHHS-WRPHvacancies@michigan.gov.