Posting: Pregnancy Options Counselor - Hands Across The Water, Ann Arbor MI
January 24, 2023
Pregnancy Options Counselor
Ann Arbor, MI
Hands Across The Water is committed to making proactive efforts to recruit and retain personnel who reflect the diverse identities and experiences of the communities and families we serve. We strongly encourage the following groups to apply: people of color, individuals who have experienced poverty or economic hardship, people who identify as LGBTQ and those with lived experience in the foster care system or adoption triad.
Hands Across The Water does not discriminate against an employee or applicant for employment with respect to hire, tenure, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, or a matter directly or indirectly related to employment, because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political beliefs or mental or physical disability.
Are you committed to the right of individuals in crisis during an unplanned pregnancy to explore their options (parenting, abortion, adoption) in a non-coercive, strengths-based, choice-aligned environment? We are looking for a flexible candidate to respond to calls as needed on a contingent basis.
Join a dynamic, fast-paced, inclusive and supportive workplace focused on high quality services to children and families in our community.
Hands Across The Water is a licensed, non-profit child placing agency.
The Pregnancy Options Counselor will is responsible for working with individuals facing an unplanned pregnancy, assisting clients in understanding their options (parenting, adoption or abortion) and securing services as needed. The pregnancy options counselor will advocate for clients regardless of the option they choose, providing follow-up as needed.
- The pregnancy options counselor shall hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a human behavioral science OR other applicable degree OR professional/personal experience working with people experiencing crisis. The pregnancy options counselor will maintain a license with the State of Michigan if applicable to degree.
- Appropriate candidate for this position must have the ability to handle stress well, have the ability to be an active listener with good clinical observation skills, be flexible and able to handle change, be a team player yet able to work independently, able to multi-task, and maintain case responsibility and follow-through. Appropriate candidate must be able to understand the issues related to individuals facing an unplanned pregnancy as well as maintain respect and compassion for their choices. Appropriate candidate must have the ability, experience, education, and training to perform the duties assigned.
- Candidate may not have been convicted of child abuse or neglect, a felony involving harm or threatened harm to an individual within the 10 years immediately preceding the date of hire or be listed on the central registry as a perpetrator of child abuse or child neglect.
- The pregnancy options counselor shall possess a valid Driver’s License, positive driving record and proof of automobile insurance.
- COVID-19 vaccination and booster are mandatory.
- The pregnancy options counselor will follow and uphold the agency’s Vision and Mission Statement, including its commitment to inclusion and diversity.
Please submit resume WITH cover letter detailing why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.