Posting: Support Services Supervisor - Hands Across The Water, Ann Arbor MI
January 24, 2023
Support Services Supervisor
Ann Arbor, MI – Foster Care, Child Welfare
43,600 per year
Hands Across The Water is committed to making proactive efforts to recruit and retain personnel who reflect the diverse identities and experiences of the communities and families we serve. We strongly encourage the following groups to apply: people of color, individuals who have experienced poverty or economic hardship, people who identify as LGBTQ and those with lived experience in the foster care system or adoption triad.
Hands Across The Water does not discriminate against an employee or applicant for employment with respect to hire, tenure, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, or a matter directly or indirectly related to employment, because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political beliefs or mental or physical disability.
Hands Across The Water is a licensed, non-profit child placing agency.
Join a dynamic, fast-paced, inclusive and supportive workplace focused on high quality services to children and families in our community.
The Support Services Supervisor provides coordination for case aide services for abused/neglected children in foster care and for their families.
Support Services Supervisor services involve creating and maintaining visitation schedule, including ensuring coverage for visitations in case of emergency, providing training, supervision and evaluation of Visitation Specialists, transporting children and/or parents, and supervision of parenting-time visitation at the agency or other designated community location, including correctional facilities.
Staff provide observation and parenting coaching/intervention with birth parents during parenting-time visits and documentation of parent child interactions for the case record.
The Support Services Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the agency visit schedule is maintained to meet case needs by visitation staff, caseworkers or by covering visits when necessary due to absence or illness.
The Support Services Supervisor ensures the safety of the child during supervised parenting-time visits, documenting visit progress as well as providing transportation to and from visit for the child(ren), as well as overseeing the staff who are providing these services.
Additionally, the Support Services Supervisor provides oversight of the assignment and completion of document specialist tasks such as scanning of documents, redacting documents, filing and file maintenance, database entry, medical and dental appointment tracking, reminders and document management, drug screens, pick-up and delivery of items to families, community providers or courts in support of case related activities or agency needs.
Additionally, the Support Services Supervisor oversees support services provided by the foster parent recruitment and retention specialist including response to foster parent inquiries, resource sharing, trainings, support groups, retention activities and events.
- The Support Services Supervisor shall hold a minimum of a high school diploma.
- Some college or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work or a related human services field is preferred.
- Experience in a child welfare setting with families is preferred.
- Supervisory experience in a professional setting preferred.
- Appropriate candidate for this position must have the ability to handle stress well, be an active listener, possess strong safety assessment skills, be flexible and able to handle change and be a team player yet able to work independently.
- Candidate should be able to demonstrate an ability to manage a complex schedule with logistical challenges, be able to multi-task, and maintain follow-through on all assigned duties.
- Knowledge of car seat safety and proper installation desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, professionalism, organizational skills, comfort and experience working with children and families is necessary.
- Candidate may not have been convicted of child abuse or neglect, a felony involving harm or threatened harm to an individual within the 10 years immediately preceding the date of hire or be listed on the central registry as a perpetrator of child abuse or child neglect.
- The Support Services Supervisor shall possess a valid Driver’s License, reliable transportation, positive driving record and proof of automobile insurance.
COVID-19 vaccination and booster are mandatory.
Please submit resume WITH cover letter detailing why you are interested in this position to email@example.com.