Posting: Program Manager - New Hope Center for Grief Support
January 26, 2023
The Program Manager is a full-time position and reports to the Executive Directors at New Hope Center for Grief Support. Primary responsibilities include oversight of New Hope’s grief workshops, seminars, all ongoing peer support groups, COH programming, and onsite grief support. This position will provide volunteer coordination and training in programming, assist with program development, execution, and evaluation. Engaging in developing volunteer leaders, facilitator training and development, coordination of all programming, logistics, and communication with host locations. This position does require some evening/weekend availability for programs and trainings.
- Ensure consistent, high quality bereavement support programming for adults and children. This includes staff-led workshops and seminars and volunteer-led peer support groups.
- Oversight of grief support services, including all Next Steps (ongoing support groups), First Steps, Circles of Hope Programming, follow-up calls, counselor referrals, and other support services as needed.
- Work with the Grief Coordinator and Program Coordinator to ensure all programming has detailed program plans that are prepared, launched, executed, and evaluated for each program throughout the calendar year.
- Work with Business Manager and Program Coordinator to create online forms for registration.
- Assist program coordinator with workshop and seminar breakout groups of participants and facilitator pairings.
- Ensure all facilitators are properly trained, have experienced a similar loss of the group they are leading, participation in ongoing training and facilitator discussions.
- Complete on a regular basis - facilitator check ins, group visits, evaluations, and assist facilitators, coordinators, and leaders with program conflict.
- Follow and update program playbook for each program effort.
- Assist Program Coordinator with collection of New Participant Forms and attendance at all groups and programs. Ensuring all participant forms are uploaded, Donor perfect profiles created, and participants flagged for all programming attended.
- Create and communicate program outcomes for each program and compile annual program impacts with program team. Utilize and store documents pertaining to participants, host locations, and logistics in DonorPerfect and Sharepoint.
- Provide coaching, training, and guidance to staff and volunteers to support all grievers through calls, emails, groups, programming and more.
- Assist with recruiting, training, managing volunteer program leaders, facilitators, speakers, and other key programming volunteers for offsite workshops, seminars, and ongoing peer support groups.
- Program scheduling, preparing content and curriculum, and scheduling staff.
- Program development & evaluation for each program area within New Hope Center for Grief Support.
- Update and use logic models for current programs and new programs to help determine the need, strategy, and execution plan.
- Understand and work with Executive Directors – program budgets and prepare budget vs. actual for each program area.
- Work with the New Hope Staff to plan and host New Hope’s annual Kids Camp.
- Provide onsite support for New Hope workshops and seminars.
- Run quarterly volunteer orientations assisted by Assistant Director.
- Ensure all programming content is updated and accurate on the website on a reoccurring basis.
- Plan and assist at all New Hope fundraising events.
- Provide grant research, program budgets, grant writing, and correspondence with grantors as needed and directed by executive directors.
- Assist with program annual calendar for publication.
QUALIFICATIONS & ABILITIES:
- Highly organized, managing simultaneously program groups and events.
- Demonstrated spiritual and emotional maturity managing staff, volunteers, and interns.
- Two years of programming experience, preferred experience working with grieving adults and children, but not necessary.
- Growth mindset and ability to manage program growth and expansion.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with program development and evaluation is helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, train, and coordinate volunteers in providing peer-based grief support services.
- Highly organized with demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Efficient in Microsoft Office Products. Sharepoint and Donor Perfect knowledge bonus.
- Strong level of empathy & compassion; healthy self-care practices and professional boundaries.
New Hope Center for Grief Support, located in Northville, Michigan, is a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to bringing hope, healing, and new beginnings to adults and children grieving the death of a loved one. Our vision is that those who come through our program create a safe community for others in grief and change the way our culture views grief and loss. Please visit our website at: www.newhopecenter.net.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
- Schedule flexibility with evening and some weekend availability.
- Personal experience with healing after loss is helpful.
- Competitive salary range based on experience level.
- Health Benefits Available with employee contribution
- Generous PTO plus holidays.
- Bereavement training and leadership development