Posting: Research Assistants for Dr. Bincy Joshwa
February 8, 2023
Research Assistants for Dr. Bincy Joshwa
We currently are in need for RESEARCH ASSISTANT/S to help with research related activities during the year 2023-24, beginning Mar. 1, 2023.
The study examines trajectory patterns of fatigue and bio-behavioral/socio-structural factors that predict fatigue in individuals receiving treatment at local outpatient dialysis clinics in Michigan.
This is an excellent opportunity for students who are in their undergraduate or graduate program looking for experience in human subjects’ and/or clinical research.
- Screen patients for eligibility using inclusion/exclusion criteria.
- Obtain informed written consent and HIPAA authorization from participants.
- Schedule appointments for participants to meet for study purposes.
- Collect data using various fatigue and sleep self-report measures.
- Assess participants using physical performance tests.
- Initial assessment and follow up of participants as needed.
- Work and coordinate with staff and participants at Mott Center for data collection purposes (C. S. Mott Center for Human Growth and Development).
- Can drive/transport blood samples to the lab (valid Driver’s license).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to perform data collection in early mornings.
- Previous experience with patients preferred.
- Perform essential functions as needed.
- RN or BSN or other clinical degree preferred.
This is a paid position at $18/hr. for 10-30 hours per week for approximately 3-6 months.
Necessary training and PPE will be provided.
If you are interested, please send your resume/CV to Dr. Bincy Joshwa at email@example.com.