Posting: Licensed Behavioral Health Counselor - Ascension St. John Hospital, Detroit MI
February 16, 2023
Licensed Behavioral Health Counselor - Job # 220143
Department: Psychiatric Nursing
Schedule: Days, 8:00am - 5:30pm 3 Days a Week
Hospital: Ascension St. John Hospital
Location: Detroit, MI
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Various health insurance options & wellness plans
- Retirement benefits including employer match plans
- Long-term & short-term disability
- Employee assistance programs (EAP)
- Parental leave & adoption assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Provide behavioral health counseling services.
- Conduct patient assessments and establish therapy treatment goals.
- Administer individual and group therapy. Maintain thorough and confidential records of observations.
- Evaluate progress and effectiveness of therapy interventions.
- Provide patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic activities in the community.
- Work directly with the patient, family, physician and community providers to ensure active and collaborate care from the initiation of treatment to the time of discharge.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- One or more of the following required:
- Licensed Master Social Worker credentialed from the Michigan Board of Social Work obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Counselor credentialed from the Michigan Board of Counseling obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Psychologist credentialed from the Michigan Board of Psychology obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Therapist specializing in Marriage & Family obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Any issuing authority accepted.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
This is a copy of the posting, position can be located on Ascension.org under careers. Applicants can apply on the Ascension Careers website. https://jobs.ascension.org/careers-home/jobs?keywords=220143