Posting: Bilingual Mental Health Therapist - MCHS Family of Services - Redford, MI
March 7, 2023
The Mental Health Therapist will provide individual, group, and family therapy to youth and their families within the Unaccompanied Children program(s). The therapist will conduct mental health assessments and screen for human trafficking concerns; maintain current and accurate case documentation and provide crisis intervention and support services.
- Provide assistance with the completion of individual service plans and other required assessments within the regulatory time frames as outlined by MCHS and ORR.
- Develop and implement therapeutic intervention(s) designed to assist the youth with acclimating with life in the United States.
- Responsible for ensuring that youth are given the support necessary to identify and discuss concerns related to their journey into the United States or life in their home country.
- Collaborate with other UC program staff to ensure that interventions and supports are established to modify dysfunctional behaviors and assist youth in healing and strengthening their internal resources as well as to learn socially appropriate skills.
Education and Experience Required
- Masters degree from an accredited college/university in Social Work or Counseling with 1 year of experience in human services or social services setting required.
- Licensed in applicable field of practice or eligibile to obtain licensure within 3 months of hire preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (orally and written) required.
- Must be able and willing to travel to other cities by flying on commercial airlines, driving a rental car and/or using other transportation, and stay overnight in hotels.
MCHS offers a generous compensation package which includes medical and dental benefits which are 100% covered by the employer, generous PTO plan, supplemental benefits, 401k with match, professional development opportunities, and more!
MCHS is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics as established by law. This policy extends to all policies and procedures related to the recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.