Posting: Special Needs Job Coach- Jewish Community Center Day Camp
March 20, 2023
This position is a 10-week contracted position who reports directly to the Unit Head and Director of Special Needs. The individual will work as a job coach in the Young Adults All Together (YAAT) program and fulfill all required duties as a counselor in that program as well as provide additional vocational instruction and support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in all camp programs and activities and monitor the safety and well-being of campers; observing campers’ behavior and identifying the best ways to help them learn new vocational skills;
- Consistent attendance is expected throughout the sessions and counselors must remain committed to campers’ success throughout the summer;
- Work alongside campers at job sites, helping campers learn by breaking down job tasks into more manageable ones;
- Assist campers with developing vocational skills and reinforce those, teaching new ones as needed;
- Must exhibit maturity, good moral character, and integrity while modeling appropriate behavior and use of behavior management techniques;
- Must pass a background check.
- Experience working in a camp environment or vocational program for young adults with special needs;
- Knowledge and experience working with individuals who have cognitive impairments, autism/ASD spectrum, mental health challenges, developmental delays, and those who require accommodations;
- Experience working in a 1:1 environment as well as on a team and maintaining regular communication with other counselors and senior staff;
- Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma or GED. Preference to individuals pursuing a degree in psychology, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), social work, education, or special education.
Apply here: https://jccdet.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/staff/App