Posting: Special Needs Intern - Jewish Community Center Day Camp
March 20, 2023
This position is a 10-week part-time position who reports directly to the Unit Head and Director of Special Needs. The individual will work as a counselor in one of the three summer programs and fulfill all required duties and responsibilities to that program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Desire to work with children and young adults with special needs and exhibit a willingness to learn;
- Participate in all camp programs and activities and monitor the safety and well-being of campers; depending on program, may be responsible for 1-3 campers throughout the day;
- Consistent attendance is expected throughout the sessions and counselors must remain committed to campers’ success throughout the summer;
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbal amongst staff members and campers;
- Must exhibit maturity, good moral character, and integrity while modeling appropriate behavior and use of behavior management techniques;
- Must pass a background check.
- Experience working in a structured camp environment for individuals with special needs;
- Knowledge and experience working with individuals who have cognitive impairments, autism/ASD spectrum, mental health challenges, developmental delays, and those who require additional accommodations;
- Comfortable working on a team and maintaining regular communication with other counselors and senior staff;
- Individuals pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in psychology, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), social work, education, or special education.
Apply here: https://jccdet.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/staff/App