Kristen Carney graduated from Wayne State University’s Advanced Standing MSW Program in 2011. She has worked in a variety of settings including child welfare, afterschool programs, college counseling centers, and private practice. Specialized training and areas of expertise include trauma treatment and perinatal mental health.
Kristen has been a part-time faculty member since 2017 and has worked in teaching, advising, and college counseling roles in higher education. She has a particular interest in college access and college student mental health and wellness.
Degrees and Certifications
- MSW, Wayne State University, 2011
- BSW, Western Michigan University, 2010
- The Art of Holding Perinatal Women in Distress: Assessment, Treatment, & Advanced Clinical Practice Postgraduate Training, Postpartum Stress Center, Rosemont, Pennsylvania, March 2018
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP) International Association of Trauma Professionals, 2018
- Somatic Psychotherapy and Practices, Antioch University, Santa Barbara, California, 2021
Practice Methods, BSW & MSW
Areas of Expertise
- College Student Mental Health
- Maternal Mental Health
- Somatic Psychotherapy and Practices