Posting: Paid Summer Internship, Central Region/Michigan - CSH
May 26, 2023
Paid Summer Internship, Central Region/Michigan
Location: Remote (must reside in Michigan)
Who we are:
For 30 years, CSH has changed the lives of people who have been marginalized and are our most vulnerable neighbors by:
- Helping communities create more than 330,000 homes for individuals and families;
- Providing technical assistance and support to communities across the country, including over $1B in capital; and
- Ensuring not only a home but access to the services and supports that people and communities need to thrive.
CSH has proven that supportive housing can change the lives of individuals, families, and communities, it also has created a team of nationally recognized experts who are deeply dedicated to our organization and its goals.
Why we need you:
Intern will assist with the Michigan team’s systems change work to advance quality affordable housing with supports for people experiencing long term homelessness with a disability.
Remote within the state of Michigan
14-19 hours per week, up to 12 weeks (time commitment flexible)
$20 per hour
You will work collaboratively to:
- Research potential funding for Supportive Housing (SH) services
- Provide training and technical assistance
- Support focus groups with people with lived experience of homelessness
- Effectively communicate with internal & external partners to advocate for resources
- Look at policies through a racial equity lens and advocate for changes as needed
How we work:
CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, and flexible problem-solvers. We are strategic thinkers committed to supportive housing, pursuing anti-racist practices and treating each other—and the communities we serve—with respect.
Specifically, we are seeking candidates with:
- Experience working in general databases, such as Excel
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Interest in affordable and/or supportive housing
- Interest in systems change and macro-level policy work
- Commitment to ongoing learning around anti-racism and working in partnership with people with lived experience of homelessness and housing instability
Candidates should apply online at: https://csh.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/249?c=csh
All candidates should attach their Resume and Cover Letter as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.