Posting: Genesee Health System - Paid Summer Intern Opportunity
March 22, 2019
Start Date: Monday, May 6, 2019
End Date: Friday, August 23, 2019
Pay: $12.00/hour for up to 30 hours/week
Application Due: 5:00 pm Monday, April 15, 2019
In an effort to provide positive human services work experience, reduce stigma, widen horizons, and enrich the environment for individuals served, GHS would like to offer paid internships to a select number of students this summer.* You must be interested in a career in the behavioral health field; e.g., Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Health Education, Health, or have an interest in a field that supports health care such as Business/Health Care Administration, IT or Accounting. You must be 18 by May 6, 2019 and currently be enrolled in a college or university. You must have achieved at least sophomore status by May 6, 2019. (Applicants who graduated college in 2018 or 2019 will also be considered).
***Please note: in addition to working in various mental health programs throughout the agency, our GTF interns regularly help out with a variety of agency activities, including the GHS Community Garden (weekly), Consumer Dance, Consumer Picnic, Bullyproof Camp, etc.
Your application must include the following:
- A cover letter that includes your full name, address, phone number, and email address. Indicate whether you are related to any current or former GHS employee.
- A résumé showing all prior and current work experience including previous GHS internships. Returning students may be considered, depending on the number of qualified applicants.
- A double-spaced, typed essay (limited to two pages with one-inch margins and no more than 500 words) addressing your specific interest in the behavioral health field and how a summer internship at GHS will help to advance your career goals.
- An official college transcript (bearing the college seal). Unofficial documents will not be accepted.
- A letter of recommendation by a professor or (college) academic counselor. The letter should be in a signed, sealed envelope or emailed to email@example.com directly from the professor or counselor.
If selected you are expected to attend GHS orientation from 8am – 5pm on Monday, May 6, 2019.
Please mail your application to Nancy Kirsh, Manager of Clinical Recruitment and Academic Development, Genesee Health System, 420 W. 5 th Avenue, Flint, MI 48503, or you may email your materials (except the official transcript) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected applicants will be notified by phone by April 22, 2019; all others will be notified by U.S. Mail. Selected applicants will need to schedule a mandatory drug screen and a criminal background check prior to orientation.
Email Nancy Kirsh at email@example.com or call (810) 496-5546 if you have questions.
*Funding is dependent on Board approval in March.