Posting: Community & Home Supports - Permanent Housing Program Manager
May 17, 2019
The primary responsibility of the Permanent Housing Program Manager is to ensure that all of CHS’s permanent housing grants are being executed in accordance with CHS, Detroit CoC, and funder standards.
Reports to the Housing Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researching and studying HUD CoC program regulations as they pertain to homeless services and permanent housing programs in the City of Detroit
- Assisting with the development of policies and procedures as they pertain to CHS’s permanent housing programs
- Interviewing prospective employees for CHS’s permanent housing projects
- Developing and facilitating staff trainings on Detroit CoC and local, state, and federal standards regarding permanent housing programs
- Coordinating required permanent housing program training
- Ensuring all permanent housing intake documentation submitted by the CAM Lead meets HUD program recordkeeping requirements
- Ensuring all cases are managed in accordance with HUD CoC program standards
- Provides quarterly data on program accomplishments and ensures each PSH project is meeting the specific goals discussed in the COC renewal application
- Produces the APR for each permanent housing project and assists with its timely submission to SAGE
- Monitors each client’s progress made towards their goals in their Individualized Person Centered Plan of Support with their Housing Case Manager and engages in each client’s annual assessment of needs
- Ensures proper policies are followed regarding client termination and actively participates in the appeals process/decision by committee
- Provides specific knowledge on various intervention methods and guides staff on how to utilize them to impact client outcomes
- Reviews all Financial Assistance Requests to unsure eligibility
- Fosters relationships with outside referral agencies and service providers to ensure a holistic scope of services are available to address client needs; seeks to establish partnerships that can be used as match for the PSH projects
- Ensures that in-kind program match is properly documented and submitted
- Maintaining a comprehensive understanding of the MSHMIS protocol, policies, and procedures as they pertain to CHS, the Detroit CoC and HUD
- Ensuring permanent housing program staff properly enter data in the MSHMIS in a proper and timely manner through monitoring and running reports
- Auditing permanent housing case files
- Coordinating with CHS finance staff to ensure any permanent housing program income received is properly charged and accounted for according to CHS, Detroit CoC and HUD standards
- Representing CHS at various Detroit CoC functions to include trainings, committee meetings, and partner meetings
Qualifications and Requirements:
Education: Master’s Degree from an accredited institution, with some academic courses in the areas of social work, sociology, community development preferred, or a related field is preferred. Individuals with a Bachelor’s Degree and 5 or more years of experience managing HUD CoC homeless service projects would also be considered.
The ideal candidate is someone who is timely, thorough, meticulous, ambitious, dedicated to the community and clientele CHS services, and has strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills.
This job is essentially a professional field position. Physical tasks are minimal. There will be long periods of time spent using a computer.
Employees are expected to provide their own transportation. Maintenance of a valid driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and vehicle insurance in compliance with State of Michigan requirements are all continuing conditions of employment. If using alternative forms of transportation, the employee is responsible for ensuring that the alternative form of transportation complies with these directives.
Send current résumé, cover letter, and references as attachments by email or US Post to:
ATTN: Human Resources
Community & Home Supports
2111 Woodward Ave., Ste. 608
Detroit, Michigan 48201
(Please reference position title only in the subject line)