Posting: Community Housing Network - Intake Specialist
September 27, 2019
Department: Housing Programs Reports to: Housing Programs Manager
Employment Status Classification: Full Time Salary
Community Housing Network is a nonprofit organization providing housing and housing resources for:
· people who are homeless or facing homelessness,
· people with disabilities,
· people with low income,
· and other vulnerable residents of SE Michigan.
We also create high-quality, rental residential communities with homes built and maintained to be appealing and affordable for hard-working families and individuals.
Our core values
Our culture provides an environment to succeed, through:
Inclusion Integrity Innovation Passion
Job Description Summary:
The Intake Specialist is a key member of the Community Housing Network’s Housing Programs team. The position is responsible for filling vacant Permanent Supportive Housing slots with eligible program participants.
Essential Functions: • Make timely phone contact with potential program participants; screen for eligibility • Travel to and meet with potential program participants and Case Managers to interview and complete the program application at various locations • Ensure all documentation required for the application is collected by timeline specified in Intake Workflow • Represent CHN/the department at community events such as resource fairs and landlord networking events • Complete data entry in Housing Management Information System and Service Point documentation case notes within 24 hours • Mail Acceptance Packets to approved potential program participants within 1 business day of application approval
· Gather and manage the organization of participant records, both electronic and paper
· Follow the Coordinated Entry procedures in all 3 counties (Macomb, Oakland and out-Wayne) and represent CHN at related committee meetings and weekly/monthly referral meetings, as appropriate
· Experience preferred in conducting intakes, working with people who are homeless, working with people who have a mental illness
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services preferred
· Must be computer proficient
· Must have the ability to be a personal representative of CHN’s Core Values: Inclusion, Integrity, Innovation, Passion
· Transportation Requirements: Access to reliable transportation, possession of a valid driver’s license, and maintenance of automobile insurance coverage that meets minimum organization requirements (100/300/100 coverage).
While performing the functions of this job, the position requires travelling in your personal automobile during all climate elements. When in the office the position is both sedentary and at times requires the ability to be active including standing, bending, lifting and/or arranging files and office products and supplies and may require employee to periodically stand on a short step stool to access files.
To apply for this position OPEN HERE: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=3aa7a5be-ba3e-4943-9815-6be640408aaa&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=273237&source=CC2&lang=en_US