Posting: Social Worker - Owen Intermediate School
October 10, 2019
Salary: Range starts at $45,986
Date Posted: September 30, 2019
- Perform casework service with individual students to correct those personal, social, or emotional maladjustment’s related to their educational and social progress.
- Coordinate or serve as a member of diagnostic teams and educational planning and placement committees and provide biological, psychological, and sociological assessment information related to planning for children with adjustment problems.
- Consult and collaborate with other school personnel in gathering and giving information on a case, and in establishing and planning for respective roles in the modification of the student’s behavior.
- Perform casework service with parents as an integral part of the task of helping students, to increase the parents’ understanding , their constructive participation in resolving their child’s problems, and their knowledge and use of appropriate resources available.
- Make home visits for the purpose of gathering helpful information on a student’s background.
- Assist students directly toward adjustment to school.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Master’s degree from a graduate school - social work program. A minimum of a 500 clock hour supervised social work practicum. Satisfactory completion of 1 year as a school social worker with direction from a fullyapproved school social worker. Experience working with at-risk student population.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified as a school social worker.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program; ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers and parents; skill in oral and written communication.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. such as boxes of books and AV/VCR carts. The employee is directly responsible for safety, well-being, or work output of other people. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate. Duties are performed indoors.
Apply: www.vanburenschools.net under Employment Opportunities Application Deadline: Until filled