Posting: Social Care Coordinator - Best Buy Health
March 16, 2021
We’re looking for a Social Care Coordinatorto join our team this Spring! Click here to apply!
Job Title: Social Care Coordinator
About Best Buy Health:
By 2030, fifty-four million baby boomers will be 65 years or older and 90% of seniors want to age in their own homes. We have over one million customers relying on our products and services that provide peace of mind, encourage independence, and even save lives. Whether you’re building our products, assisting our teams, developing our apps, or helping our valued customers, you will have the opportunity to do meaningful work at Best Buy Health. Everything we do is to make life safer, happier and easier for seniors. If you love helping people, this is the place for you.
Why This Job is Important to Best Buy Health:
The Social Work Team provides 24/7 oversight of tele-monitoring products and services which include, personal emergency response systems, medication dispensers, blood pressure monitors, weight scales and other vital signs monitoring equipment. This team serves those who seek to manage chronic illness and disease. Social Work Advisors play a role in helping connect seniors with community resources, social reassurance, and other forms of assistance to allow them to remain in the comfort and security of their own home. Team members maintain the highest degree of professionalism and are emotionally committed to the Company’s mission. This role is important to Best Buy Health because it supports the technology which helps our members manage their medical needs while providing social and community resources.
Your Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Respond to a high volume of inbound calls for specialized Client and Social Work programs
- Perform assessments while responding to emergency and non-emergency calls, to include medical, social and wellness calls, providing high quality support and prompt responses
- Research, explore, and advocate for member’s access to community resources to address social determinants of health (i.e. arranging transportation, food assistance, safety needs, etc.)
- Conduct outbound calls to members regarding their wellness and needs assessments, chronic disease management and education, following established call flows
- Follow documented procedures for modifying member and customer records
- Complete data entry, including but not limited to member and client updates
- Adhere to all Company procedures, protocols, processes as well as, Federal and State regulations as they pertain to the assigned program – such as information security & privacy (i.e., CPNI, HIPAA, and FDA’s 501K Clearance issues)
- Meet or exceed the established productivity and quality goals for each period
- Additionally, you will meet other accountabilities and complete projects set forth by Senior Caring Center Leadership, when assigned
What You’ll Need to Succeed (Education and Qualifications):
- BSW/MSW degree is required
- Experience working in hospitals, senior living industry, elderly services, or comparable experience preferred
- Experience researching and providing community resources
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Who You Are:
You are a compassionate, action oriented (yet patient) individual contributor. You maintain composure, in at times what can be perceived as a stressful environment. You are a great listener and can clearly articulate yourself verbally as well as in your written communication. You are customer centric and have a strong affinity toward exceeding expectations. You love to solve problems and have the ability to set priorities and stay focused in a changing environment. You can be described as flexible with your schedule and will do what is necessary to get the job done. You are approachable, level headed, and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
We ask you to take care of our customers. So, we make sure to take care of you.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Options
- 401k with company match
- Smart Dollar: a comprehensive financial planning course
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, Vacation, Sick) + “Meaningful Day” Off
- LLBSW/LLMSW Supervision provided during work hours
- Daily Fitness & Yoga Classes, on the clock and on-site
- Casual attire & culture
- Best Buy Employee Discount
- Free snacks & coffee
- Speaker series program
- Company social events