Posting: Research Technician Position Center for Social Work Research, School of Social Work Wayne State University
March 17, 2021
The Center for Social Work Research Student Research Assistant works with a team of students and research technicians to support various School of Social Work (SSW) faculty and staff and external clients with a variety of research projects.
- Provide research support to faculty through data analysis (with SPSS and Excel), literature searches, data entry and coding, creating data visualizations, online survey software, and transcription of narrative interviews.
- Create surveys to be utilized for School of Social Work assessments and other School of Social Work purposes.
- Program surveys into questionnaire formats (Remark and Qualtrics).
- Administer surveys, conduct interviews and focus groups to School of Social Work students and external clients.
- Assist in data processing and analysis using Remark, SPSS, Qualtrics and Excel.
- Assist in the preparation of user-friendly reports for internal School of Social Work administrators and external clients.
- Assist with Research Center website content entry.
- Assist with Research Center database management.
- Experience working on social science research projects.
- Experience with SPSS.
- Completion of at least one Research, Research Methods and/or Research Statistics course required.
- Comfortable with a variety of computer programs.
- Ability to learn computer applications quickly.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with excellent time-management skills.
- Master of Social Work degree preferred but not required.
Part-time hourly, 20-35 hours per week with no benefits.
- Located in the School of Social Work.
- As of March 2021, working remotely.
- Hours can be worked Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm. Evening and weekend hours are negotiable.
- This is a temporary position lasting for 6 months with the possibility of extending to 1 year if the employee is a good fit and chooses to do so.
- Compensation: $15.00/hour
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Kendra Wells (email@example.com), Manager of Research Support. Please make sure to include any social work relevant experience, your experience with SPSS, and availability in your cover letter.