Posting: COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program Director of Operations
April 13, 2021
SCOPE OF WORK
The COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance (CERA) Program Director of Operations is responsible for achieving program objectives by overseeing the day-to-day operations of the CERA program and managing the CERA team. This position requires continued implementation of program procedures, policies, workflows and thorough knowledge of Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) program policies, procedures, rules and regulations and the ability to make decisions independently using this knowledge and experience. In addition, the ability to lead and direct the CERA team is vital to the successful operation of the CERA program.
- Provide strategic vision and strong leadership while collaborating with the external operations director and directing the program.
- Build and lead a strong team through open communication and by collaborating on decision-making responsibilities.
- Provide daily supervision and guidance to designated team members.
- Provide supplemental supervision and guidance to all other team members as needed.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, and CERA program regulations and guidelines including oversight of reporting requirements or audit requests as determined by MSHDA or the fiduciary.
- Implement and maintain MOU between the organization and the additional community partners.
- Continue implementation and assessment of the administration the CERA program to completion, making process improvement adjustments as needed.
- Maintain effective systems/processes to facilitate program administration.
- Collaborate with the executive team to assess and manage risk.
- Periodically evaluate the effectiveness of the Program’s policies, workflow, and systems.
- Create and monitor the CERA budget, working with the Finance Department, to ensure that the program is on track with spending over the course of the program term.
- Collaborate with team members to continually assess work systems that ensure productive team members.
- Oversee reports related to data quality and service provision, including outcomes.
- Provide technical assistance with stakeholders to include MSDHA, the Alliance and community partners, landlords, court administrators, Lakeshore Legal Aid, MSHDA and additional community partners and local, state and federal agencies.
- Monitor and identify needs to improve quality of service provision and streamline systems for efficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a grant funded position. The base salary range is $50,000 to $60,000, depending on experience. We also offer the following benefits and perks:
- generous paid time off, new employees can earn up to 16 vacation days and 10 paid holidays within the first year.
- competitive health, vision, and dental insurance plans as well as flex and dependent care spending accounts
- group life and long-term disability
- a robust employee assistance program
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Demonstrated experience in housing or community development policy and programs.
- Experience managing relationships with external partners and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of federal grant compliance and administration, including administrative requirements, cost principles, audit requirements, program management and budgeting design, implementation, reporting, and performance tracking.
- Demonstrated collaboration and customer focus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, manage multiple ongoing priorities and organize time efficiently and effectively while meeting required deadlines.
- Ability to remain collaborative, adaptable, and results-driven in the face of obstacles, program modifications and adversity.
- Ability to motivate and manage teams and individuals around a shared purpose and measurable objective.
Location and Travel
During the pandemic, this position will be remote, with the occasional need for on-site work.
Transportation Requirements: Access to reliable transportation, possession of a valid driver’s license, and maintenance of automobile insurance coverage that meets minimum organization requirements (100/300/100 coverage). CHN reserves the right to require a motor vehicle record check with respect to any employee where driving is an essential function of the position.
While performing the functions of this job, the position is both sedentary and at times requires the ability to be active including standing, bending, lifting and/or arranging files, office products and supplies and may require employee to periodically stand on a short step stool to access files and boxes.
To apply for this position OPEN HERE: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=3aa7a5be-ba3e-4943-9815-6be640408aaa&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=402732&source=CC2&lang=en_US