Posting: Mental Health Police Co-Response Therapist
May 20, 2021
Hegira Health's Police Co-Response programs provide services to individuals in the community experiencing mental health crises. The Police Co-Response Therapist position was developed to serve as a single entry point into a continuum of organized crisis and community based outreach and coordination of care services across Wayne County. These positions are specifically focused on providing immediate Mobile Crisis Co-Response and follow-up with the Livonia and Canton Police Departments. The program is focused on preventing future crises and jail diversion for individuals in need and strengthening the law-enforcement/mental health partnership through innovative best-practice models of care.
These positions will be based in the Livonia or Canton Police Departments as scheduled. Applicants must be available for shifts listed and must have a interested in partnering with police officers. Applicant must be willing to provide services in the community, at public places or people’s homes. Applicant must comply with the Police Department’s background check process in addition to that required by HHI.
The Police Co-Response Clinician shall have, at minimum, a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university, specializing in psychology, social work, or guidance and counseling. Must be licensed as an LLMSW, LMSW, LLP, LLPC, or LPC by the State of Michigan and maintain licensure.
In addition to documented educational training, the Police Co-Response Clinician shall have provided direct treatment services to adults and/or adolescents in a behavioral health inpatient or outpatient setting for not less than 18 months. Limited licensure candidates must have a minimum of three years post masters or equivalent experience in providing direct services.
- He/she shall demonstrate critical knowledge of diagnostics, psychopharmacology, and supportive treatment approaches as applied to adults and adolescents with mental illness and/or substance use disorders.
- He/she shall demonstrate knowledge of the identification and treatment of co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders.
- He/she shall have strong verbal communication skills.
- He/she shall have a working knowledge of community resources.
- He/she must possess a valid driver’s license, proof of current automobile insurance and meet the Employer's minimum driving competency standards.
- He/she must have or be eligible for and obtain a State of Michigan Chauffer's license within seven (7) days of offer of employment.
- He/she must have basic electronic communication and internet skills to gather information required for the program and program participants.
"Selected candidate must undergo and complete background checks by both Hegira Health and the Police Department. Offers of employment are considered pending until successful passage of all background check components by both entities."
LOCATION: Livonia, Michigan 48150, Canton, Michigan 48188
STATUS: Full-time Days, Full-time afternoon hours available.
For Full-time positions:
PLEASE PROVIDE RESUME AND COVER LETTER WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS.
Hegira offers a competitive benefits package including healthcare benefits, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match, life insurance, wellness incentive, and generous paid time off benefits. As a 501c (3) organization, Hegira employees are eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program for student loans. HHI also offers regular in-house training opportunities.
Job Types: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
We are following CDC guidelines. PPE is provided. Face shields, masks and gloves provided. Intensive screening of on-site staff and clients. Additional cleaning and sanitation of site and vehicles.